FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 41 First ... 3456715 ... Last

Ok... I am completely comfused here!

Charactersheet:

What... where do we set up powers effects? What is that "Powers list"? Never seen that before! Are those the possible attacks? Cause you can put them in the lower window on the combat tab. Which is where attacks used to be. But that sure didn't use to have arrays. Arrays are for power sets. And those powers sure can't be used to roll any attacks either...

Powers Effects is what it's all about right. This is the super stuff you can do. But I can't put them anywhere?

Is there a tab missing? Cause that's what it looks like to me. The "Powers / Gadgets" should be its own tab and respond to Power Effects. And the window it is in on the combat tab should be that place were attacks were put.

Am I missing something or is it because you haven't gotten to that part yet? I tried to look back at past comments, and didn't see any notice of things missing.

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I am sorry you are running into issues with Linux, but you might want to check some threads on FGC's use through Wine in the forums to report your questions. I unfortunately have not been able to replicate your experience.
    My concern was mainly to help in case there would be issues on the equivalent windows version. My hope is that when they release the actual FGU-Linux (which is *supposed* to be this month, but considering the current date, I'm apprehensive), things should work better there.

@viresanimi - I know your confusion, but after playing with it, it does make a certain sense. The Powers list are just the pre-made powers based on Power Effects. So any new general powers could go here for your players. Especially if/when the Power Profiles book might get a conversion. Building Powers requires the Power Effects list in conjunction with the Extras/Flaws list.

- In the Powers/Gadgets section right click and "Add New Item". This will create a new entry for a Power.
    - Next right click to "Create Power". Click the edit icon (the Fantasy Grounds Dragon symbol). Don't forget to toggle the arrow button nearby the cost to display the power just added.
    - In this dialog drag in a power, then drag Extras/Flaws onto the power.

It seems its a very manual process at this time. Dragging pre-built powers does not create a new power item, but hopefully will be rectified in the future.

Issues I've seen so far in the character sheet:
    The costs of powers items within a power item do not display/refresh automatically. I've noticed that after a reload/close of my campaign, the values do appear though. Also powers in arrays show their costs to be zero. Not sure what is supposed to happen. I would expect the highest cost power would be at full value and the remaining would be 1 if less than the array pool. Also since when a power has array selected the cost of the array needs to be manually adjusted to reflect the additional alternate effects. For example a 30 point Array with would cost 34 (30 for the most expensive and 3 point for the additional effects).

Hope this makes sense. I know it's in early design, but I like what I see so far. I'll probably adjust the opacity/contrast of the blue backgrounds though. The contrast really difficult for my 55 year old eyes

Ok. Fair enough. I missed the "Effects" label under any new power you made.

But it is SO different from how it used to be and compared to the old way of doing things, I didn't find it intuitive at all. Especially since - well - I still don't see the attacks window anywhere. I thought it was a misplaced window.
    I still prefer the old way of listing things though. Where you see power effects now is where you used to see Extras / Flaws. Now you can't see those without opening the power effects link, which isn't optimal in my mind. Being able to see the extras / flaws without having to open a link is a must in my book.

Another issue I noticed. Again, from a perspective of someone that's been using the old system for years: You can't apply damage from NPC's ?

@mfontana The Array? radio will stop the auto calc of the powers to the P.P. Cost box and allow you to enter in the exact cost of the array. You are correct in the delay of the calculation is a problem I am hunting down currently. The theme also was gathered from the old ruleset and have been looking for a replacement, but this is what is being used currently, sorry!

@viresanimi First thank you for the feedback and continue providing it. I asked many for assistance in providing feedback into the creation of this upgrade and this is the result. Is this permanent, no, is this available for testing and feedback, yes. This isn't going into live for quite some time till it's smooth and provides the same level (or greater) of experience as the old one. So, please continue testing and report back here your concerns and suggestions. Also understand that some things may have changed as well due to reports I have received from those that extended help during the coding phases of this ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I have been toying with the Powers section and it is a pain to have to open the power and then roll the effect. I was thinking of going further with the toggle and adding an effects area

Powers.PNG

This should make the effects available to be viewed and rolled. The issue I'm seeing is the view of the extras/flaws/options. I could add them as text to the effect or do yet another toggle area to view those. Then the window gets a bit cluttered at that point. What I was thinking was maybe add a tooltip with the extras/flaws/options.

Thoughts?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

It's certainly interesting having 2 powers side by side to use the space effectively. However all the space under the "Effects" header is wasted.

Suggestion: MM-Idea-1.png

Remove the header and just have the power effects show up as a list. Add the "down button" (?) so you can place / see extras / flaws beneath each individual power effect. The advantage over a tooltip would be that you have the link, if you need to quickly see what the extra does exactly.

Just a thought.

P.S.: If you look at your image. Notice the break in the border right of the "teleport" text? I think I reported that bug about 8-9 years ago. Any chance the graphics will be fixed now? *grins*

I noticed the weird break in the frame as well. I think it has to do with the way they coded it (for some speed I snagged a lot of the code). I do like the sub look viresanimi. I'm gonna do a mock up and report results.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

It's been a while since I've used the ruleset. But as far as I remember the ruleset didn't automatically add the bonuses for attack and damage rolls. Something like +10 so you would have a 50/50 chance to hit, if the opponent was perfectly balanced compared to you. I forget the real math here, I need to look it up. (Will do later. Have a massive headache).

It would be nice if the ruleset would add these base modifiers to rolls, so players don't forget.

Sorry. Not best description, but wanted to type it down before I forgot.

First, nice update cleaning up the buttons and tabs on character sheet!

Second, it has been so long since I've played M&M and used the ruleset I feel like I am starting over again on how to build powers. I am just creating characters from the book (working on The Rook from page 50 of the Deluxe Hero's Handbook) to make sure I get the same numbers, etc. In other words, I have no idea what I am doing.

Cosmetic bug:
    1. Character sheet on the Combat tab, Create Item under Powers/Gadgets
    2. Create Power on that Item
    3. Click the FG icon to open the Power dialog? Not sure what this is called
    4. From the player handbook, go to Power Effects and drag Senses to the dialog under Effects and it creates the Senses effect
    5. Click the FG icon next to the Ranks (Rollable) numeric box and you get something like the attached image. This happens whether or not you are in Edit mode on Effects.
    6. Also you can see where the text wraps where it says Extras Flaws Option(s)
    M&M3Cosmetic - Senses.png

Thread Information