STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 41 First 1234513 ... Last
    Well, that would explain things. I would buy and try to learn FG on a stale ruleset.

On the other hand, it's cool that FG is remedying this, so thanks.

I'd help, but I'm completely lost in the sauce with FG. It looks cool but, mea culpa, apparently I didn't do enough homework.

Still, it looks really cool. Now if I could just get it to do... stuff, like import from Hero Lab.

Anyway, keep me in mind. If I ever figure out how to make it go, I'm willing to participate in this. I pretty much bought Unity for this game system.

I was already working on one under the old (live) side... When it flipped to test side it got ugly, lost my powers under arrays, lost stories, etc... When I flip back to live will I be relieved? Anything I ought to do before I do that?

ProfDogg, I believe when you switch to test it makes a copy of everything so that any changes made under Test do not affect Live. At least it looks that way when I look in the Data folder.

I still have not seen an update to the test side but once I do I will start making characters and posting bugs, etc. May have to update the sticky in this forum on how to do things.

I'm not sure how NPC sheets are supposed to work. What is the way Skills need to be formatted? The old format
    e.g. Intimidation (Pre) +8 does not seem to work anymore. The same goes for offense. What is the format there? I guess we can only test this more when the modules do show up.

@ProfDogg When working with Test server, it is recommended to back up old campaigns or start new ones to test functionality. I can't guarantee your campaign data is there if you opened under the same campaign

@opilio I simply went with a copy paste mentality from the rulebook. So the format would be that. The modifier would be +10 if your skill looked like so, Acrobatics 6 (+10). I am trying to track down why the modules are not loading correctly and there are a ton of NPCs in the gm side of the Hero's Handbook as samples to build your own.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    @ProfDogg When working with Test server, it is recommended to back up old campaigns or start new ones to test functionality. I can't guarantee your campaign data is there if you opened under the same campaign
    I think I'm good. The only odd thing (which, mind, makes sense bc of the way the old ruleset worked) is that I added a portrait to a character in the test side and it carried over to the visible portrait on the live side. The old set wouldn't let you add portraits to PC tab (you had to drag tokens over instead) so now I have one PC with a visible portrait. Otherwise, no loss that I can tell so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman Ruse View Post
    Well, that would explain things. I would buy and try to learn FG on a stale ruleset.
    You're not alone! I bought FG and the MnM ruleset on Saturday after some play of 5e but not GMing before. Tremendously happy that it's getting this attention now, but about to hop on with a friend to start generating questions that I'll have to organize into

a. stuff I don't know because I suck at FG
    b. stuff I don't know because I suck at MnM
    c. stuff that genuinely doesn't work in FGU / the MnM build

@SuperTeddy is there a preferred way for me to manage this? Post new threads or aggregate questions into this one to 'sort' based on what people know based on what I'm asking?

Just my opinion but I would post bugs on this thread. I would create a new thread with questions about how to do something. Hopefully as things stabilize we can all learn how it all works.

Just updated and now I see the two handbooks in modules!!! I know what I'll be learning today! Thanks, @superteddy57!

Now, this is with the caveat that I'm currently running FGU through Wine since we're still waiting for the Linux version of FGU.

That said...

Bugs I've noticed:
    Buttons on the side just have the names for me. (Better than just icons, but icon + name is better.) [Only after update to test branch]

Dragging doesn't seem to be work after clicking off the window for any reason which makes a lot of interface bits unusable. (I suspect this is an FGU overall problem and not an M&M specific problem). [Both before and after test branch update]

Options screen seems blank of any options and many other lists don't seem to be populating [Both before and after test branch update]

Combat Tracker looks wonky [After update to test]

Thanks for the kind words. I would honestly post everything related to the test version here. That way we can focus on providing information here that is related only to the test version and not confuse it with the Live version. Also, I believe I have sorted the issue with the modules. Please do an update and see if it updates your modules. They should now have the proper definitions and able to be loaded into the test version of the ruleset.

@lil As FGU Linux is not out yet and running it through Wine has no baseline, I can't be sure what might be causing those issues. Have you tested it on Windows or Mac to see if you are getting the same issues?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Thread Information