FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 41 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorune View Post
    TriOpticon I build all my characters in Hero Lab. The character's I've been working on are all pregens from my campaign that I've already had for some of my PC in our IRL game. I've just been converting them over to FG, so that I can play with my group and and have several spare character's for new players to choose from. It's a bit of a challenge converting them. Some finagling has to be done to get the power point cost the same as what they are on the original sheet, but it's coming along.
    Thanks, @Jorune! I appreciate you showing them. I am no M&M expert even on paper so I am still learning just how to create powers and calculate points. I may have to do some finagling, also.

Although I guess on FG the costs don't interact with anything other than making sure you are within the PL.

2 things I noticed, under the Extras/Flaws tab the Ranged Extra talks about creating tunnels and the burrowing power instead of the general Range description. Also, under the healing power, the Restorative Extra is just added on to the end of the Ranged Extra in the text when it should be it's own link. I'm compiling some stuff that I find like that as I start building my new campaign and I'll post any others I find. Some of these are easy to fix on the user end but I figured you would want them correct in base version of the ruleset.

When adding npc's to the combat tracker (I usually do it from a prebuilt encounter) is there any way to roll their initiatives automatically? It would be a pain to roll individually for each enemy but it's doable if needed.
    Last edited by Saeval; May 12th, 2020 at 21:30.

I will check on that description. I did some clean up near the end to remove some of the Effect extras to use the generic Extra/Flaw. If you can point those out, I will update them. As for the initiatives, if it wasn't in the live version (older ruleset) it won't be available with the test version. So I will double check and see if that is available there.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I'm finally back after Life happened. I really like the changes so far. There's only a couple things on the character sheet that I see currently. The first is the combat sheet the attack value total does not include FGT or DEX depending on Ranged or Melee combat. I did close out and reload the module to see if it was similar to earlier issues with calculating but it does not include the attribute value. Second is Extra/Flaws expansion area in the Powers sheet. Having powers with even with a few extra/flaws is going to be difficult to read (see attachment). Wouldn't it make sense to just list it in line instead of having two E/F with limited text area? Also, it would be very nice to use the extra horizontal space to allow more text on the Power Effects and Extra/Flaws line. The screenshot shows the character sheet at its minimum width and there's tons of space to use.

I'll be getting into the combat tracker and running sample combats to see if I run into any issues this weekend.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]Combat Tab - Attack Total not correct[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]Powers Tab - Effects/Flaws current layout[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

First the Powers should fill the width of the screen. To try and use as much space as possible, each new power should fill length wise and I tried to cram as much I could. I think I need to increase the width of the character sheet a bit as it's default isn't fill width, but you can if you resize it. As for the attacks, I will see why the FGT and Dex is not being applied.

Edit:

I did check on the previous version and attacks did not automatically incorporate the FGT and/or DEX total into the rolls. As this was copied from the previous version (minus removing the damage portions), it should be a replica of that feature.
    Last edited by superteddy57; May 13th, 2020 at 15:14.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Is it normal that when I drag a Toughness check into the chat area, it always rolls against DC 15? How can I get it to check against the DC of the actual attack used?

There is no automation between Attack and Defensive rolls due to them being contested rolls. The previous ruleset version would automatically roll (in some situations), but that takes dice out of the hands of the player's and DM's. I choose not to pursue this as it would go against some of the guidelines for automation. Attacker rolls attack, defender rolls toughness or defense save manually. So the DC can't be changed, but needs to be tracked in game.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

The first line (the Power Item) does stretch across the width of the sheet. I was just pointing out the Power Effect and Flaws/Extras line items seem to be hard coded in size even after adjusting the sheet size. I put it at the minimum width just to show that there seems to be more than enough horizontal space to expand if left hard coded in width.

To the attack value, then I think that "Skill" is a bit misleading for a label as I was expecting to put the character's Skill Rank in and the ability Rank would be added in for the final total.

This is an example of some powers added into that section

Capture.PNG

It does use up the space from what I am seeing. I apologize if this is not what you a referring to, but might need some more elaboration.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    There is no automation between Attack and Defensive rolls due to them being contested rolls. The previous ruleset version would automatically roll (in some situations), but that takes dice out of the hands of the player's and DM's. I choose not to pursue this as it would go against some of the guidelines for automation. Attacker rolls attack, defender rolls toughness or defense save manually. So the DC can't be changed, but needs to be tracked in game.
    Okay, it's no problem; I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Sounds like it's working as designed - thanks!

Thread Information