DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Setting up arrays in Fantasy Grounds

Greetings,

I asked the same question on Discord, but I am looking for instructions on how to set up power arrays in Fantasy Grounds for Mutants and Masterminds. I see one vague reference to “Add item” but all that does is create a blank power.

I understand that M&M needs to be manually “hooked up” but I have seen interfaces with a blue icon that indicates a power array rollup, and I have not been able to recreate that, or recreate the power cost benefit for having an array.

Can anyone provide a clear instruction on how to create an array in Fantasy Grounds? I did see the video on how power arrays work, but that doesn’t include how to set them up in FG.
    In ancient times...
    Hundreds of years before the dawn of history
    Lived a strange race of people... the Druids

No one knows who they were or what they were doing...

In FG terms, arrays are not different from powers. The radio button next to the cost is what changes a power into an array. This cancels the auto calculation of the points and allows the cost to be changed to match the cost for the array. It's a manual process to calculate the array.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thank you for the response. We’ve been working on making characters for a campaign a friend wants to GM.

I assume that when we have an array, we need to basically set it up as “pencil and paper” first, then hit the array radio button to manually enter the cost? Otherwise we’ve been seeing that we aren’t getting the benefit of the array,

Also, do we use the rank of the array when setting up any attacks for a power within the array?

Finally, this is not a criticism - but it seems as if you have to build out powers effectively from scratch - you’re really just dragging the descriptions of the powers, but any dynamic elements (rolling for attack or damage) needs to be manually added? Is there a walkthrough on how to build an M&M character in FG?

The ruleset is almost about 10-12 years old at this point. The original designer hasn't maintained the ruleset and we have continued to keep it updated with each new feature release. Back then there was more emphasis on way less automation and more tabletop feel. I'm unsure of the rules for arrays at this time, but the mechanics for the FG implementation is building the array as you would a power and then using the radio button to input the correct cost for your bookeeping. The cost box to the right should be editable after clicking the radio button. As for the rolls to be added manually is be design as not every effect produces a roll and is very abstract. So the roll is very dynamic and needs more manual attention in setting it up. Unfortunately there isn't a walkthrough I am aware of for the ruleset. If you are looking for a more MM3 walkthrough, youtube has quite a few.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information