STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... Last

Mutants and Masterminds 3E Official Bug Report Thread

Moving to Live - 6/30/2020
    We will be moving from Test to Live on the next Tuesday release. Please start making your data ready for migration to this new system by then. The old Live version will not be available after this date. We have also updated the wiki for the new features here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...nd+Masterminds

If you have any questions, please field them here and I will answer the best I can.

Installing
    To use this new ruleset, you will need to change over to the Test version of FGC/FGU.

FGC
    You can change over to the Test version, by choosing settings in the dashboard and clicking the radio button for test under updates.

FGU
    You can change over to the Test version, by choosing settings in the dashboard. You will then need to click on the advanced tab and change Live to Test.

Overview
    Mutants and Masterminds has been in need of an upgrade to it's code to start taking advantage of the great new features of CoreRPG. This will open it to allow to use CoreRPG based extensions and future updates to Core itself. Some refinements also were implemented to bring some automation to combat and other features of the system.

Features
    • Based on CoreRPG.
    • Character, NPC, and Combat Tracker improvements.
    • Added new nodes to track Powers and their parts, and Skills.

Character Sheet Main Tab
    Char_Main.PNG

Here is the standard main tab in more rulesets. Advantages can be dropped or manually created in their frame. The abilities will roll a check based on the total of Rank and Power (needs to be inputted by hand, no automation). Motivations and Complications are not tracked in the sidebar and is basically a note location of those values. The Power Level, Hero Points, and Points Earned are not linked to any automation. The Power Points spent is automated and collects the various purchases through out the sheet. Partials are not tracked.

Character Sheet Combat Tab
    See below

Powers.PNG
    Clicking on the link for the power will give you access to the effects and also the ability to roll their checks. The Hero's Handbook (player's) does provide many examples on how powers are made.

Character Sheet Skills Tab
    This was streamlined to a 3.5E experience that does allow you to add expertise, close combat, and ranged combat focused skills along with the other standards. The link to the skills are linked to the sidebar so new ones can be made and tracked.

NPC sheet
    NPC1.PNG

NPC2.PNG
    The NPC sheet was fashioned to be similar to the stat blocks from the Hero's Handbook for easy NPC creation. Skills can be copied and pasted directly into the box and the modifier will always be 6 in the example: Insight 4 (+6). Powers are also rollable as well. It will use the first number as the modifier for the effect. This has not been refined enough to figure out what is an effect. So, Life Support System: Immunity 10 • 10 points. will add 10 to the roll. Offense will allow making multiple lines. It is currently able to keep one line for attacks and separate by commas. I wasn't sure what way would be best so both are available and may remove the other if one side is more popular.

Combat Tracker
    This should have the same automation as the NPC sheet and relay that information easily for the DM to make rolls and attacks. The combat system is not automated to auto track the health of the NPC or PC. This is due to players and NPCs having to do a roll and did not want to take that away from the player's or DM to perform. Bruises will track the mod for Toughness checks and there is a cycler to help track health. These fields do report back to the character sheet of the player. Effects are not fully coded and not automated to 5E level so those bonuses or negatives need to be tracked by hand. Targeting is available and will relay who the actor is acting against and such.

Feedback
    Please let us know what you think of the changes. We're planning to keep this on the Test server for some time to give players a chance to try it out and see if we can find bugs that may have been missed. We plan to keep functional changes fairly minor, if possible, so we can focus on getting this to Live with a working and smooth running ruleset.

Updates
    • 4/28/20 - Pushed a new update for review to fix the reported issues with the defense rolls on the NPC sheet and Power drops to the character sheet.
    • 4/29/20 - [Fixed] Skills roll, Added attacks frame to combat and Powers have own tab, and changed Senses effect from 2/rank to 1/rank
    • 5/1/20 - [Fixed] Combat Frame, Added softer theme, and other minor fixes
    • 5/2/20 - [Fixed] Removed mention of ActionDamage script, refactored degrees of success to produce proper result, and CT NPC saves now pull in modifiers.
    • 5/4/20 - [Fixed] Error when dropping effects onto array
    • 5/7/20 - [Fixed] Toughness checks not adding in modifiers to roll and instead adding them to DC
    • 5/26/20 - [Fixed] Added Option to toggle auto Toughness Checks to factor damage for NPCs
    • 6/3/20 - [Fixed] Configured NPCs to be used with new parsing engine in ruleset for attacks and skills
    • 6/3/20 - [Fixed] Updated combat engine to use original engine for parsing of NPC attacks and process for PCs to attack. Removed rolling ability of powers and expanded Attack frame to include damage inclusion. Old functionality restored from original code.
    • 6/4/20 - [Fixed] Update of stats for defenses and the health not displaying healthy by default
    • 6/5/20 - [Fixed] Modifiers on Defense totals, Attack Frame label to Combat, Standard conditions missing from effects window, Default target defense and target resist on creation of new entry
    • 6/10/20 - [Fixed] Updated Player's module for items to be included
    • 6/10/20 - [Fixed] Updated Character sheet with a more robust power tracking frame. Merged Attack Frame and Powers tab into one frame. Added Inventory tab for equipment tracking and functionality with equipment points.
    • 6/10/20 - [Fixed] Various drop bugs and fixed issues with adding extras/flaws to effect. Disabled Calls to calculate PP Cost till I can sort out the calculations
    • 6/11/20 - [Fixed] Power Point Cost Calculation, also added an array button for own calculation being performed.
    • 6/16/20 - [Fixed] Added attack details back to the attack line for easier access to controls and update relevant bonuses. Attack and Damage rolls work as intended with setup. Old toggle will show/hide the attack details.

Combat
    I have pushed a new update that is mirrored to the original system. I have only updated the code to use the proper functions. For those that have been a long time user of the system should see familiar uses and actions. For reference, I used this as a guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post435903) for NPC attacks and skill parsing. For the future, please use this as a guide to building custom attacks. I have updated the NPCs attack lines to reflect this change.

Further Combat Updates
    Merged the Powers tab and the attack frame into a single entity. This will require setting up your powers again, please make a copy of your characters or make a note of the power setup. You can now drag n drop Powers directly to the Powers list and make custom headers to keep things organized. I wanted to get this out for testing before I refine it and add in the rest of the power point cost functionality. You may get some errors related to the power point cost being calculated. You can ignore them. Adding attacks/actions can be done through the radial buttons as well. The rolls should work as intended, but please report any findings. I have also required extras/flaws/options to be added through the power link or dropped on the effect. Disregard the add extra radial as I will hotfix this out.

Capture.PNG
    Last edited by superteddy57; June 23rd, 2020 at 20:39.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Blog Entries
    Nice!
    Ultimate License Holder

This made my day. I'm glad to see this ruleset get some attention.

I started a new campaign and received the errors in this text file. I updated again and made sure I was on Test but still the same error.

I am able to start new campaigns in D&D, PF, Traveller 1E, etc.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Pushed fixes for the errors you saw. This was due to old files from the original that I did not remove. Shouldn't impact playing, but thank you for the report and log file!
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Thanks for the fix.

I loaded the attached character XML which I have not touched for 2 years. It has been so long I do not even remember the character but one of the issues is that on the Main page of the character sheet, the Advantages names are missing. You can see the Rank but nothing else. I also have FG Classic so I started that in Live mode (after updating) and they show properly.

Also, when I open the Hero's Handbook from the Library, some of the links do nothing. For instance, I click on Advantages and nothing pops up. If I click on Hero Points, the information pops up.

I think there are other issues on the character sheet and Hero's Handbook but I need to remember how everything works...

Thanks for taking this on. This is a ruleset that made me want to buy FG many years ago.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well understand, that I have made some updates to certain aspects of the ruleset to help keep track of certain record types. Some old exported characters may not work and need to be remade with this new iteration. I tried my best to keep things the same as much as possible, but some things may break from older custom content.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Ah, OK. I will try to create the hero in the new update. It will help me re-learn everything.

I think the Hero's Handbook is still an issue since that's not imported.

Thanks, again.

I updated the Hero's Handbook as well and that should be available on the Test server as well. Can you double check as the old one should be no longer available on the Test server. It was also split into Player's/GM books
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I did another update, did not see any new ones, but tried and nothing happened.

To make sure I haven't forgotten everything, I loaded a campaign. The Hero's Handbook is loaded. I click Library on the bottom right. I click Hero's Handbook and a list of sections is displayed on the right. I click Advantages, nothing. Same for Armor but Conditions works and a list of conditions opens in a new window.

Thread Information