STAR TREK 2d20
Page 34 of 41 First ... 243233343536 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bawsr View Post
    Playing Mutants and Masterminds in Fantasy Grounds, we are facing a couple of challenges. The first one is, as a GM when I drop the attacks the items seems to resolve well. When the players try and target and either hit a skill for attack or a power, it doesn't seem to force the NPC's to make the rolls. Are we doing something wrong? Is there a good guide for adding powers. I have had to help my players a few times and sometimes I even get confused on adding the Mutants and Masterminds powers and effects to the character sheets. I wasn't sure if there was a FAQ or a cheat sheet.

thanks for all the help.
    Skills and Ability rolls aren't targetable. If you want a contested roll, it would need to be set up as an action in the powers section and the character in the CT and targeting the NPC. For how to use the powers section, it would be best to check out the wiki for that information. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...%2BMasterminds
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

issue with Combat tracker

I had someone delay. I manually changed initiative for one player (red ryder). The players saw a different order on the tracker than I did. I also have Hidden NPC initiative on.

Attached are player view and DM view
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GM Ultimate license FGC and FGU

Just Finished running City of Eyes Level 20 Characters 5 players FGU
    Group now running new campaign.

Playing a Survival DND game in FGU

Running a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a DND campaign based in MIDGARD

Playing a Homebrew Campaign against the Dragon kings in FGU

Running a game of Fallout 2d20

I had someone delay. I manually changed initiative for one player (red ryder). The players saw a different order on the tracker than I did. I also have Hidden NPC initiative on.

Attached are player view and DM view
    Thanks for the report. The only difference is the sort on the tied actors. It is supposed to sort alphabetically. I think it might not be firing that last sort on the player's side.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Hi Super Teddy et al. I am BACK and this time the game might stick. I have 2 VERY interested players, one of whom is loves Fantasy Grounds so is patient with fixing stuff that's not working right.

The bug I am seeing is that when you use a power with a flaw, it calculates the point value wrong. The two examples I found were:
    Power-Lifting, which always costs the power at one point below the number of ranks you buy (so it seems like it is applying a flat 1 point flaw)
    Shapeshift, which appears to subtract Ranks-1 points from the proper power cost.

I think I can get around these by just building powers in the Powers window and adding the ranks there, but I am wondering if this is a fixable issue, or am I just misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    Hi Super Teddy et al. I am BACK and this time the game might stick. I have 2 VERY interested players, one of whom is loves Fantasy Grounds so is patient with fixing stuff that's not working right.

The bug I am seeing is that when you use a power with a flaw, it calculates the point value wrong. The two examples I found were:
    Power-Lifting, which always costs the power at one point below the number of ranks you buy (so it seems like it is applying a flat 1 point flaw)
    Shapeshift, which appears to subtract Ranks-1 points from the proper power cost.

I think I can get around these by just building powers in the Powers window and adding the ranks there, but I am wondering if this is a fixable issue, or am I just misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.
    Yeah, those are very fringe cases. If the flat point cost doesn't apply then there is no mechanism that would calculate flaws correctly under another system. So best advice is to adjust manually after you have built the power.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Error Message

Building a new character. I got this error. Not sure if you would like to have some of the files uploaded or if this is enough.

Building a new character. I got this error. Not sure if you would like to have some of the files uploaded or if this is enough.
    You would need to provide more information. What power were you adding? Where were you adding it? Have you ensured you are using the most up to date ruleset and modules?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Ranged powers and advantages are not calculating correctly.

Okay.. we are trying to add in a power for powercost.

Add damage with increased range. Range is actually +1 per power level so it should be 16 for the cost of 8 levels.
    Here is an example of what it looks like in FG.

This is not correct.

I am always on the latest version. I update after every Tuesday. I see the error when I double click on any powers/power effects. It does seem to be intermittent. When I double clicked on Burrowing it happened. It did it consistently then I went and did something else and tried to get someone else to duplicate it and it wasn't doing it for them and then it stopped doing it for me. It had stopped a couple of times and then returned again. I am unsure of what is causing it. I might look through the log file to see if I can find the offending script. We also don't have any extensions loaded and only the M&M official modules.

Okay.. we are trying to add in a power for powercost.

Add damage with increased range. Range is actually +1 per power level so it should be 16 for the cost of 8 levels.
    Here is an example of what it looks like in FG.

This is not correct.
    Comes out correctly if I input the ranks for increased range.
    Capture.PNG

I am always on the latest version. I update after every Tuesday. I see the error when I double click on any powers/power effects. It does seem to be intermittent. When I double clicked on Burrowing it happened. It did it consistently then I went and did something else and tried to get someone else to duplicate it and it wasn't doing it for them and then it stopped doing it for me. It had stopped a couple of times and then returned again. I am unsure of what is causing it. I might look through the log file to see if I can find the offending script. We also don't have any extensions loaded and only the M&M official modules.
    I'm am still unable to replicate this and might need more information to track down the cause of what you are running into. I'm not sure what you mean by double clicking on any powers/power effects. I'd be happy to take care of this issue, but if I'm unable to replicate it, it makes it a very difficult.
    Last edited by superteddy57; June 22nd, 2021 at 06:09.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information