FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last

Deleting a character from the combat tracker throws an error

New bug, or at least one I haven't noticed before, deleting a character from the combat tracker throws an error, player or NPC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldAndy View Post
    New bug, or at least one I haven't noticed before, deleting a character from the combat tracker throws an error, player or NPC.
    Hi Andy!

Thanks for the bug report. John has solved it and it looks like a fix for it will be pushed on tuesday. As to your issue with the none-editable effects, that is of valid concern but I have no idea what has caused it. I think that your suggestion of moving all of the effects to the effects-library so that it can be used freely is sound and I will try to fix it during the upcoming week! It's a bit of a refactoring but it's a really good one so I'll try to get it through asap.

Thanks!
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simpe View Post
    Hi Andy!

Thanks for the bug report. John has solved it and it looks like a fix for it will be pushed on tuesday. As to your issue with the none-editable effects, that is of valid concern but I have no idea what has caused it. I think that your suggestion of moving all of the effects to the effects-library so that it can be used freely is sound and I will try to fix it during the upcoming week! It's a bit of a refactoring but it's a really good one so I'll try to get it through asap.

Thanks!
    Simon
    This update is in TEST now and will go LIVE the Tuesday Update after next because it missed the cut off about 4 hours ago.

Untitled.png

Small formatting issue on the NPC screen (Racial Category title bleeds into the value)
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Creating a new NPC - when you click into an attribute (e.g. Cunning) and click out again, it changes from 0 to 10. Attempting to adjust this value results in odd behaviour (set it to 9, changes to a 1, set to 8, changes to a 2). I guess this is trying to map the ACTUAL value to the modifier (or vica versa) but I am struggling to set these fields to have an underlying value of 10 and a visible modifier of 0. When I type 0 and click or tab out, it changes to 10, with a tooltip saying value is 0. When I type 10 and click or tab out, it doesn't change, and still say 10 with a tooltip saying it's underlying value is 0.

There is also an odd behaviour on load where all these values are 0, but clicking in and out again changes them back to 10. This also happens when I drag and drop a "0" onto fields (setting them visibly to 0) and then click in and out again.

Somehow I've changed Accurate to be correct, and I think I just got Discrete to stay at 0 too - but I'm doing this by chance, and it's farfrom intuitive, even if it is working (I suspect there is a bug here too) - think I'm gonna have to just run my NPCs out of the physical books for tomorrow's game.

Any way both values could be displayed, in edit mode at least, to make things clearer? I'd quite like to see the underlying value in read-mode too, to be honest, although I understand the modifier is usually the more important number, but I'm used to reading both and occasionally you do need to roll against a monster stat, so it's helpful to not have to map it back to the original number in my head.

Screenshot 2020-10-17 133655.png
    Last edited by phantomwhale; October 17th, 2020 at 03:46.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
    Creating a new NPC - when you click into an attribute (e.g. Cunning) and click out again, it changes from 0 to 10. Attempting to adjust this value results in odd behaviour (set it to 9, changes to a 1, set to 8, changes to a 2). I guess this is trying to map the ACTUAL value to the modifier (or vica versa) but I am struggling to set these fields to have an underlying value of 10 and a visible modifier of 0. When I type 0 and click or tab out, it changes to 10, with a tooltip saying value is 0. When I type 10 and click or tab out, it doesn't change, and still say 10 with a tooltip saying it's underlying value is 0.

There is also an odd behaviour on load where all these values are 0, but clicking in and out again changes them back to 10. This also happens when I drag and drop a "0" onto fields (setting them visibly to 0) and then click in and out again.

Somehow I've changed Accurate to be correct, and I think I just got Discrete to stay at 0 too - but I'm doing this by chance, and it's farfrom intuitive, even if it is working (I suspect there is a bug here too) - think I'm gonna have to just run my NPCs out of the physical books for tomorrow's game.

Any way both values could be displayed, in edit mode at least, to make things clearer? I'd quite like to see the underlying value in read-mode too, to be honest, although I understand the modifier is usually the more important number, but I'm used to reading both and occasionally you do need to roll against a monster stat, so it's helpful to not have to map it back to the original number in my head.

Screenshot 2020-10-17 133655.png
    Hi!

And thanks for the feedback!

Yes this is intended behavior. In later Symbaroum books all of the NPC's attributes are displayed as their modifiers rather than their actual attribute. That's why you're seeing these things. I thought I mentioned it in the user manual. The issue with tabbing out will be looked into. I will see if I can try to display both the values but I had something like that before and it was a real mess visually. Basically the idea is that it supposed to be "smart" and detect if you're writing a modifier or a stat. Unfortunately those overlap slightly. Maybe there should be a toggle between displaying them as stats or as modifiers?

Cheers,
    Simon

Hey Phantomwhale,

I've tried to reproduce the behavior that you are describing in regards to modifying attributes - but I can't seem to manage. Are you working in FGU or FGC?

I'm not sure what you mean "on load" - could you please describe your steps in order to see 0's on all attributes?

Thanks!
    Simon

hello again;
    thanks for the patches!

had a new player join our group and found a few issues with mystical abilities:

1) Brimstone Cascade is dealing [Armor Penetrating] damage and not allowing the NPC to roll Armor, but the spell isn't meant to ignore armor; have tested with various characters against various NPC's with the same result each time.

2) Confusion has no actions or "+" to open its internal menu, so cant be cast or have its effect applied via the character sheet

3) Maltransformation is prompting an error code when attempting to apply the effect by double clicking: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/ability_effect_button.lua"]:42:attempt to compare number with string

4) Levitate has no effect icon in the character sheet option, and therefor cant be applied as an effect and i would assume cant be used to trigger a concentration check

5) I still cant seem to trigger an automatic concentration check when the caster is hit; i know previously it was mentioned this was implemented; tested with larvae boil and holy aura

not related to mystical abilities

1b) when creating a new weapon by right clicking in the weapon menu and selecting create new item, there doesn't seem to be a way to assign an item category or assign a damage die, weapon type, etc; i know you can select the weapon type (short, long, etc) via the character sheet and that sets the damage for that weapon type, so wondering if we can get a way to implement that functionality via the create new item window so that it is automatically in order when the item is added to the character sheet? or even just having the ability to assign an item category so that the custom items are included in the "weapons" or "armor" lists would be great.

thanks for all your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by Amnipotent1 View Post
    1b) when creating a new weapon by right clicking in the weapon menu and selecting create new item, there doesn't seem to be a way to assign an item category or assign a damage die, weapon type, etc; i know you can select the weapon type (short, long, etc) via the character sheet and that sets the damage for that weapon type, so wondering if we can get a way to implement that functionality via the create new item window so that it is automatically in order when the item is added to the character sheet? or even just having the ability to assign an item category so that the custom items are included in the "weapons" or "armor" lists would be great.
    Yep, this is a bit of a pain. I get around this by copying an item in the category I already want, and editing that to the new item. For instance, I just added all the alchemical things from the Advanced Players Guide. I copied the choking spores, which already exists, then changed the name, description and costs. Now when I select alchemical in the drop down box, my new items show as intended. It shouldn't have to be done that way.

On a side note, I'd also like to change those categories so they start with a capital letter. It would just look better, IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have just realised the armour quality Flexible does not work as intended. Currently, it removes all penalties for use regardless of armour type.
    From the rulebook:
    "For this reason a Flexible light armor has no penalty at all on Defense tests, sneaking and the use of mystic powers. A Flexible medium armor has a (−1) penalty and a Flexible heavy armor (−2)."

Thread Information