FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 39 First ... 5678917 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I noticed these in my first session I ran with the ruleset and had them on my list to report. Thanks Jay_NOLA!

Regarding #4 - the same for Threaten attacks, they don't have a range entry (and ideally should).
    For Threatened attacks in the type section if you type in Spell it adds in a Range section, even though it isn't a spell. I had to do that when I entered in all the Quick Start PCs and have been entering in all the NPCs from all the source books. No idea why the designers of the set set it up this way.

See the attached image.

Ranged.jpg

The 1.6 Ruleset Doc PDF the set creators did needs to be updated to cover what the various Types & Sub-Types for Attacks & Items enable in a box.

So at the risk of sounding A hole'ish.

I am going to ask.. any Dev read any of these concerns in the last week? Its been 8 days since any comment from the devs.. Even posted on the Modiphius forums, my concerns. I rather know that someone is reading the concerns posted then just hearing silence.

Not sure if this will help but I set up all the Threaten attacks that a PC can have as Items and exported them as a module. Damage needs to be set for 2 of the attacks as those base damage on reputation and on number of enemies killed in a scene and vary.

The attack will be under the Group Displays of Power and Might in Items when you open the module.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I will try and get in touch with the developer to check the reported bugs.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Some more bugs.

Rulebook - TYpe, Vigor, and Resolve are not given for Charcters of Renown

Rulebook - Guard and Guard Sargent have a blank special ability showing up.

Vulture of Shen - Just about every Foes for the module doesn't have mental Cpitalize in the Qualities for attacks that have it. (Mental is capitaized in all attacks of other foes that have this quality have it. It is capitaized in the description

Vultures of Shem - Mordiggian's in the Foe of the module are missing the description of the qualities that the 3 differnt attacks have that are in the text area Encumbrance entry that other Foes have.

Vultures of Shem - The Assauri and Gidim and have both Minion and Toughened versions but this can't be easily identified as the differnt version have the exact same name.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post

Guys,
    3 questions for you.

Has any more thought been put into the combat tracker yet?
    IE: For handling M O Bs and Squads?
    If so, when do you expect it to be ready for update?

Again with the combat tracker. Can you consider removing initiative order numbers, and replace it with a completed action toggle or icon. We all know that this game does not have an initiative order. But is decided by the players, and the GM if he uses Doom. So, when a player or NPC acts, the GM just needs to check the button and it moves automatically to the bottom of the list.

Can you consider adding in a Momentum counter for players, much like the group momentum counter. If a player or NPC makes a success and gains momentum, the momentum is added to the counter, when the NPC or player uses the momentum generated, he can just click it as he spends it.. when at the end of the the players turn and the GM selects the next actor, The remainder of the pool is then added the to the group momentum to its max of 6. This was a feature on several of the fan based extensions that are out there. And it was highly used and requested by the players during the time before this official ruleset.

Thanks
    Jolly
    Jolly,

I'd like to apologize for the delayed response. To answer your questions, for 1 and 2 this is something that is being worked on for the tracker and we hope to have an update in the next few weeks. As for Question 3, We have not considered this as in our experience personal momentum doesn't last very long before it goes into the pool or gets lost. At this time it is not something that we are looking further into.

Som more info on a bug I reported.

The bug with certain text not showing up is because the rulest use the Crom font to display text in certain areas.

I've attached 2 images showing the text problems the red boxes in the illustration show the names in area of the russet that use the Crom font and in area that don't.'

Crom Font Bug 1.jpg

Crom Font Bug 2.jpg

I also did some tests by typing out various names in a Word file and looking at how the looked in the Crom font and in other fonts and can confirm that the Crom font is the problem. Another Conan based font ought to be used indited in the ruleset so names, etc. will display correctly. Many names from the various Conan RPG books won't display corrector currently.

Update on the portrait bug. The bug is only occurring in old campaigns now. I made a new campaign yesterday and the bug didn't show up. Not sure if something is occurring that is causing some sort of corruption f older campaigns.

For Talent can you add an entry to out in the experience point cost of the talent. In all the Conan supplements for the new Talent Tree ones give an Experience cost.

You currently can't get text to be bold or italic in the Talent description for some odd reason.
    Last edited by Jay_NOLA; June 22nd, 2020 at 05:33.

Hello everyone, I am sorry for the delay in responding to most of these. I could say it's been a busy time for us, but there really isn't any excuse. We will do our best to respond quicker going forward. That said, this will be a long post where I do my best to answer everything I can thus far that has not yet been answered. After writing it all up, I had to break it up into two posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
    1.) The Talent Trees and sample Talent tree mages aren't in the module. The info on how to read the talent tree is missing. Seeing the tree is needed to determine experience cost of talents and to hep quickly determine talent prerequisites. The ore book talen't don't give experience cost in the talent's description like in non-core books that have other talents.

2.) When managing and creating characters if I roll a die the result is given as 0 and and error message shows up. Rolling on a table doesn't do this.

3.) The font used to display the name of a character in a character sheet, NPC does not display many common symbols. minus sign, apostrophe, etc. that are in character names in the various Conan source books and pregens from the quick play modules. The text will just show up as blank for those charters. The font most likely doesn't have symbols to use for this.

4.) Some ranged weapons also can be used as melee ones, but the space/entry area for Reach only shows up in melee weapons.
    1. I assume Talent tree mages is a typo and you meant images. With these fantasy based games, sometimes it's hard to tell. We are working on doing a complete overhaul of the roulebook, and hope to have that out to everyone as soon as we can.

2. I don't know when this happens to test it. If it is when you grab the d20 and drop it into the chat window, then that was fixed. If it happens at a different time, can you please give me more details of how you create the error, and maybe a screenshot or two would also be helpful.

3. That is a problem with the TTF font we were given. We can look into it and see if we can get a better font.

4. Under Combat, if you click on the Type (TYP) it can be changed to the different types of combats. Once you do that and then click on the shield to open the details window, it will show you the areas you can then fill in for that type of attack. The System will save it, even when you change the type again, and you no longer see that. Once you switch the that type after you enter the data the first time, it should auto populate those fields.

1.) f you drag a PC sheet to the Combat Tracker the character portrait isn't showing up showing up in the tracker.

2,) You can move the character portrait from the combat and also from the character sheet to a map to show a charter on amp.

3.) A player can't drag a token to the character portrait on a character sheet if one wanted to use a token for the character instead of s portrait image to use for maps.

The above are when using the set in FG Classic. No idea if Unity version is also having the same bugs.
    1. I'm not sure why this is happening to you. When I did it, it worked fine. Maybe the file path saved in the campaign DB is messed up. I know you said you reinstalled the files. Have you tried creating a new campaign and seeing if it does it still?

2. Also not sure about this. I can move a portrait to the CT and then from the CT to the map. You can not move from the character sheet directly to the map, is that what you are looking to do?

3. The images on the character sheets are portraits , not tokens. Which is why you can't drag a token on. That can be changed, if people think it would be better, but the way 2d20 works and their very lax and loosey goosey way of combat, we figured a portrait would be better in this case. If people disagree, we can always change it to a token, but be aware, if we do that, all portraits currently saved to characters will disappear and they will have to be replaced with new token images.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    A few things based off recently running a game.

Difficulty buttons labeled as DC1 etc., but should be D1, D2... A minor thing, but DC is a (single) d20 based mechanic (Difficulty Class), Conan 2d20 has Difficulty 1, Difficulty 2, etc..
    Images don't have the ID functionality - this means the GM can't hide spoilers from the players (in an image name - it happens often).
    Please, please, please add the attack roll to a weapon combat entry - especially on a NPC. This will speed up combat no end!
    Reference manual - split sections into more headings. For example, skills would be GREAT in their own sections. All of my players were new to Conan 2d20 and only one had their own copy of the rules. Being able to quickly and easily share a Reference Manual record specific to one skill (not the whole skill list and say "scroll down - lots") would have been great.
    Connected to the previous entry - it would be fantastic to have links next to each skill that open a window showing details of the skill.
    Items - would it be possible to add some default "items" (weapons) to make it easier to create PCs and NPC - specifically unarmed melee, unarmed range and steely glare - the three different type of attacks default.
    Please add the different threaten attacks to items (weapons). This will make it much easier to use when needed.
    No mood lighting button.
    Is there a way to track encumbrance?
    What are the plans for the combat tracker? I know there isn't an initiative order in Conan 2d20, but having a nicer way to track who's acted, and also easily track stress, traumas, etc..
    1. We can look into that. I will bring it to our UI guy and see what he says.
    2. We removed the ID function, again, because of the loosey goosey way 2d20 is, we din't think it would be needed. We actually have a bit of internal conversations about this. If everyone thinks this is needed, we can add it back.
    3. Maybe it's too early on a Monday morning, but I am not understanding what you mean by this.
    4 - 7. I will bring this to the team and get their thoughts on it. It makes sense.
    8. We can add it back in, if those feel it is useful.
    9. There is not yet, but it is on our list of things we are looking to add in the near future.
    10. We are actively working on the combat tracker now. We are hoping to have something put out in the next couple weeks. As I have said about the loosey gooseyness of 2d20, we are working on a way to make the tracker useful and look good, which for a system like this is turning out to be a bit harder than we expected. But this is actively being worked on, and hope to figure it out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jolly View Post
    So at the risk of sounding A hole'ish.

I am going to ask.. any Dev read any of these concerns in the last week? Its been 8 days since any comment from the devs.. Even posted on the Modiphius forums, my concerns. I rather know that someone is reading the concerns posted then just hearing silence.
    We are sorry about this. We will be doing our best to never let this happen again.

Not sure if this will help but I set up all the Threaten attacks that a PC can have as Items and exported them as a module. Damage needs to be set for 2 of the attacks as those base damage on reputation and on number of enemies killed in a scene and vary.

The attack will be under the Group Displays of Power and Might in Items when you open the module.
    This is great. Thank you for this. We will look at it.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Some more bugs.

Rulebook - TYpe, Vigor, and Resolve are not given for Charcters of Renown

Rulebook - Guard and Guard Sargent have a blank special ability showing up.

Vulture of Shen - Just about every Foes for the module doesn't have mental Cpitalize in the Qualities for attacks that have it. (Mental is capitaized in all attacks of other foes that have this quality have it. It is capitaized in the description

Vultures of Shem - Mordiggian's in the Foe of the module are missing the description of the qualities that the 3 differnt attacks have that are in the text area Encumbrance entry that other Foes have.

Vultures of Shem - The Assauri and Gidim and have both Minion and Toughened versions but this can't be easily identified as the differnt version have the exact same name.
    I will bring all of these to our module team, thank you.

Som more info on a bug I reported.

The bug with certain text not showing up is because the rulest use the Crom font to display text in certain areas.

I've attached 2 images showing the text problems the red boxes in the illustration show the names in area of the russet that use the Crom font and in area that don't.'

Crom Font Bug 1.jpg

Crom Font Bug 2.jpg

I also did some tests by typing out various names in a Word file and looking at how the looked in the Crom font and in other fonts and can confirm that the Crom font is the problem. Another Conan based font ought to be used indited in the ruleset so names, etc. will display correctly. Many names from the various Conan RPG books won't display corrector currently.

Update on the portrait bug. The bug is only occurring in old campaigns now. I made a new campaign yesterday and the bug didn't show up. Not sure if something is occurring that is causing some sort of corruption f older campaigns.

For Talent can you add an entry to out in the experience point cost of the talent. In all the Conan supplements for the new Talent Tree ones give an Experience cost.

You currently can't get text to be bold or italic in the Talent description for some odd reason.
    1. Thank you for this update. I should have read all the comments before I started answering them, but now that I did all this typing, I'm too lazy to go back and fix it. As I mentioned earlier, we will definitely look into this font issue.

2. Re: portrait bug. Same as above, should have read ahead. But I'm glad it's working now. Unfortunately, how FG is set up, any updates done that adjust the system itself, do not always auto correct itself in the individual campaigns. We are trying to keep any major fixes like that to a minimum and push them all at once, so that you all don't have to constantly restart your campaigns.

3. Re: Talents. I will bring the experience cost to the team. As for the bolding, I believe that is a downside to how those particular fields are hard coded into the system. There is a notes field we could use instead, but it wouldn't show the "Description" title. We went with this because we felt it looked better this way, but if people want it the other way, we can certainly look into it further. However, this will be one of those things that won't break your campaign, but all the preloaded data would go away. Obviously, we would update the books to work correctly, but anything dragged to a PC sheet or such would have to be removed and re-dragged over.

That was a lot, Sorry for the info dump. I will nervously say this... For the time being, if for any reason we do not respond within 1 business day, please feel free to DM me. I say 1 business day, because obviously, weekends and holidays may delay a response. We do, more or less, work every day, but sometimes we tempt fates and venture out of the house.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Thanks for the responses. Some further info:

Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    2. We removed the ID function, again, because of the loosey goosey way 2d20 is, we din't think it would be needed. We actually have a bit of internal conversations about this. If everyone thinks this is needed, we can add it back.
    Images can have spoiler names - e.g. the necromancer's secret lair, and when shared with the players that results in spoilers. Being able to quickly change the name displayed to the players is a great tool available to the GM - they lookup images with the normal name, but the image name shared with the players is different. This is generic record sharing in FG, I don't understand why this wouldn't be a good piece of functionality due to the loosey goosey way of 2d20. Sure, if it was something that wasn't there already and took development time to do, then I can understand prioritizing over other development work. But I'm really surprised that this was actually removed from standard functionality.

Case in point - the "Neferet" image in the Vultures of Shem adventure module - when the PCs first meet her she's passing herself off as a handmaiden, if the players realize she's not who she says she is (which is easy when the image is shared) it'll break part of the adventure.

3. Maybe it's too early on a Monday morning, but I am not understanding what you mean by this.
    For a GM to roll an attack they have to double-click on an attribute, then double-click on an expertise, and then drag/drop the TN to the chat window. The attribute and expertise will always be the same for a certain weapon type (melee or ranged), it would make the GMs life so much easier if there was an attack button/field in the attacks section of the NPC record that does all of this in one double-click - just like a PC can do on their skill TN field.

Related to this - it would be a good idea to add the same to the PCs attack entry, even though the PC has access to Melee and Ranged Weapons skill checks on their sheet, it's my experience that new-ish players waste a few seconds finding it - so it would be a time saver for players too, if they could just double-click on a field in the weapon entry in the A

8. We can add it back in, if those feel it is useful.
    Please do. I find it a great immersion tool.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information