DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 28 of 39 First ... 18262728293038 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    So looking into this, the NPC's should have been set to read only. So we will be setting it to that. Then, you will need to duplicate the NPC to make changes.
    Did you investigate the information I presented in post #264 above? As mentioned by @spire this is an issue with user created modules, and will also be an issue with adventure modules (which should not have records set to read-only, as per the SmiteWorks development best practices).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

^^^^

Yes, exactly! Thank you, Trenloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yeah, it's weird.

I've done a test - I exported 4 NPCs into a module. Then loaded that module up in a new campaign.

I open two NPCs, unlock one and try to drag an ability from one NPC to the unlocked one. What I notice happens is that a new record <New Personality> is created in the NPCS data list, and when I open that it contains the ability I tried to drop on the unlocked NPC. With this <New Personality> open, I try to drag abilities to the originally unlocked NPC and it gets added to the <New Personality>.

It looks like the onDrop code is using the database reference of the module NPC without the @module reference. For example - the target I try to add a special ability to is npc.id-00004@Conan NPC test - "Conan NPC test" is the module name. But when I add a special ability to that NPC it is added to npc.id-00004 in the campaign - if that NPC doesn't already exist, a <New Personality> record is created.

@statik37 - look at the onDrop code and make sure that it uses the whole database path for the target.
    Just putting this into a quote so the devs can see it ... this bug still exists and still makes it harder to be a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by spire View Post
    It seems weird to me to say that they "should have been set to read only" ... I exported the module and specifically did not check the "Read Only" toggle. Why would the publisher's rules regarding their own corebook have any relevance in this situation? This has nothing to do with copyright protection.
    Oh, so this happens with one of your custom modules. I think I misunderstood that. No, that is not how it should be working. I apologize.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    Oh, so this happens with one of your custom modules. I think I misunderstood that. No, that is not how it should be working. I apologize.
    That is correct. Thank you, sir. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

@spire, @Trenloe,

This appears to be an issue within the FGU client itself. The Conan ruleset uses a window list "acceptdrop" tag in their code that is not used in the built-in rulesets; so this issue has apparently been outstanding on FGU for over a year.

Thanks for the heads up. The fix will be in the next release. Unfortunately, the next release is wrapped up in a couple big refactors that will need some more internal and beta testing; so it may be a few weeks before it is addressed. Beta testing will be in the Test channel when it becomes available, and announced in the Laboratory forum.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    This appears to be an issue within the FGU client itself. The Conan ruleset uses a window list "acceptdrop" tag in their code that is not used in the built-in rulesets; so this issue has apparently been outstanding on FGU for over a year.

Thanks for the heads up. The fix will be in the next release. Unfortunately, the next release is wrapped up in a couple big refactors that will need some more internal and beta testing; so it may be a few weeks before it is addressed. Beta testing will be in the Test channel when it becomes available, and announced in the Laboratory forum.
    Thanks for looking into this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@spire, @Trenloe,

Regards,
    JPG
    Very cool. Good lookin' out, Moon Wizard.

@spire, @Trenloe,

Regards,
    JPG

As you are bug-shooting and FWIW: This issue definitely did not exist prior to the mid-June-or-thereabouts Conan ruleset update. (I can attest to that as a GM who created a huge number of custom NPCs for my home-brew module by dragging and dropping abilities and attacks from Master/Template NPCs onto specific instantiations of NPC characters.) I have no special knowledge of what was included in the update, but if the Conan Ruleset was using acceptdrop prior to that, it wasn't causing problems for one reason or another.

Hello.

Is Nerdeye still active?
    Will The Conan ruleset be updated for FGU?

Yesterday I posted the same questions in Nerdeye forums, but the post has been removed. There will be any news. The Conan ruleset is the most expensive I have purchased. It woud be a shame that it would be abandoned by the developer.

Thank you

Thread Information