DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 27 of 39 First ... 17252627282937 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by spire View Post
    Has anyone else experienced this bug?
    I just checked, this bug also happens to me! It happens when i open Conan Ruleset NPC records ( i don't have any NPC modules). A temporary solution i found: if i create a copy of each NPC record that i want to use, then the bug stops and i can drag any Attack or Doom spend as expected.

Has anyone else experienced this bug?
    If you are trying to say take an ability from one NPC in the rulebook, as an example and place it onto another from the rulebook, Then it will not let you do that. You will need to create a different copy of the NPC by dragging and dropping it into the NPC window. Then you can make all those changes.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    If you are trying to say take an ability from one NPC in the rulebook, as an example and place it onto another from the rulebook, Then it will not let you do that. You will need to create a different copy of the NPC by dragging and dropping it into the NPC window. Then you can make all those changes.
    Yes, but it also happens with modules I've created with NPCs made from scratch. I have a whole set of soldiers, for example, each with different tiers of abilities based on their experience -- these were all made using a completely blank NPC record and exported as part of a home-brew module, which I then import into a Conan Ruleset campaign. I do not activate the Conan reference material, nor do I load any other content from the Ruleset. Even then, I cannot do the thing I described with my own custom NPCs' abilities and other NPCs, also created from scratch.

Yes, but it also happens with modules I've created with NPCs made from scratch. I have a whole set of soldiers, for example, each with different tiers of abilities based on their experience -- these were all made using a completely blank NPC record and exported as part of a home-brew module, which I then import into a Conan Ruleset campaign. I do not activate the Conan reference material, nor do I load any other content from the Ruleset. Even then, I cannot do the thing I described with my own custom NPCs' abilities and other NPCs, also created from scratch.
    Yeah, it's weird.

I've done a test - I exported 4 NPCs into a module. Then loaded that module up in a new campaign.

I open two NPCs, unlock one and try to drag an ability from one NPC to the unlocked one. What I notice happens is that a new record <New Personality> is created in the NPCS data list, and when I open that it contains the ability I tried to drop on the unlocked NPC. With this <New Personality> open, I try to drag abilities to the originally unlocked NPC and it gets added to the <New Personality>.

It looks like the onDrop code is using the database reference of the module NPC without the @module reference. For example - the target I try to add a special ability to is npc.id-00004@Conan NPC test - "Conan NPC test" is the module name. But when I add a special ability to that NPC it is added to npc.id-00004 in the campaign - if that NPC doesn't already exist, a <New Personality> record is created.

@statik37 - look at the onDrop code and make sure that it uses the whole database path for the target.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I know it's a minor thing, but any chance that the devs have had a moment to confirm this bug and can they recommend a work-around or give an estimate on the fix? Again, I get that I'm just one random dude, but it ****s me up virtually every week, so I find myself highly motivated to continue asking.

“I think the real reason so many youngsters are clamoring for freedom of some vague sort, is because of unrest and dissatisfaction with present conditions; I don't believe this machine age gives full satisfaction in a spiritual way, if the term may be allowed. ”
    ― Robert E. Howard
    Jolly

I think it is time to renew the community ruleset initiative...
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I know it's a minor thing, but any chance that the devs have had a moment to confirm this bug and can they recommend a work-around or give an estimate on the fix? Again, I get that I'm just one random dude, but it ****s me up virtually every week, so I find myself highly motivated to continue asking.
    So looking into this, the NPC's should have been set to read only. So we will be setting it to that. Then, you will need to duplicate the NPC to make changes.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

So looking into this, the NPC's should have been set to read only. So we will be setting it to that. Then, you will need to duplicate the NPC to make changes.
    So you're saying that the way it's behaving right now, where it locks down my own NPCs from my own modules with no copyrighted material, is how it is intended to work?

That is a very bad design decision, if that's what you're saying. This makes it difficult for people to use your product the way that they use every other FGU product, and there's no licensure-related reason to add that complication to your user's lives.
    Last edited by spire; June 24th, 2021 at 15:36.

It seems weird to me to say that they "should have been set to read only" ... I exported the module and specifically did not check the "Read Only" toggle. Why would the publisher's rules regarding their own corebook have any relevance in this situation? This has nothing to do with copyright protection.
    Last edited by spire; June 24th, 2021 at 15:50.

Thread Information