STAR TREK 2d20
Page 25 of 39 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Netzilla View Post
    Still getting this error any time we do anything with the Combat Manager.

Code:
    [5/19/2021 8:10:24 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct_entry.lua"]:15: attempt to index global 'init' (a nil value)
    [5/19/2021 8:10:24 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct_entry.lua"]:15: attempt to index global 'init' (a nil value)
    Version Info:

Attachment 46917
    Hi Netzilla,

This is an old error that I believe you need to create a new game to remove. It seems to get stuck in the database, and throws this error, but we actually did fix this some time ago.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Hi Shotgun,

Thank you for pointing this out. This one had us stumped for a bit. But it seems this error only happens in Unity. And that's because when you drop a token on the map, it is looking for a field names "senses" to tell it how to handle dynamic lighting and such. This is where darkvision would go, as an example. Unfortunately, NPC's in Conan have a stat field called senses. So the table is looking for a string field, and it's finding a number. We are looking into trying to figure out the best way to correct this with the least amount of impact on everyone. The quick fix would be to rename the field to something else, but then we would have to adjust that naming convention in the rulebook as well as Vultures of Shem and all other books we are currently working on. But most importantly, everyone would have to delete their current campaign and start a new one, as the DB has already been populated with this field.

We will get this resolved as quickly as we can
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries

@statik37,

There are some examples of campaign/module migration in the VersionManager2 scripts used in the D&D rulesets, when we've had to rename or change fields.

Regards,
    JPG

So, its been a few weeks..

What is the status of the fix for the latest error?

Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    So, its been a few weeks..

What is the status of the fix for the latest error?
    I am still doing some research. I actually got sidetracked on something different. Thank you for pointing this back out. I will get right back on it.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries

Are you sure that you don't have any unpacked ruleset folders in your FG data folder under the rulesets subfolder?

That error message doesn't make sense with the latest version of the CoreRPG code in the Live channel.

Regards,
    JPG

Hey Moon Wizard

Nope.. no unpacked anything.

Can you provide a campaign that generates that error; along with the steps?

Thanks,
    JPG

Sure.. I just started a brand new campaign to test it out.. I still have that issue.

Moonwizard, can you PM me your email, I will send you the campaign.xml or folder.. Maybe I can post the XML here.. not sure.

The steps are simple.
    Open an image/Create an image.
    Open CT
    Drag NPCs or PCs to CT tracker.
    Drag NPCs or PCs from CT to image and errors show.. Get the error with EVERY NPC or Player dragged to the Image from the CT.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I’ll need the whole folder zipped up. If too big to attach, you can send to [email protected]

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information