DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 39 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    Here's my new request: the ruleset had at one point the option to pin maps and images to the background like you can do it some of the other sets (so it's one less window to juggle). Somewhere along the way the option disappeared. Can we get it back?
    Do you mean minimize a window? If so, that's still available from the right-click menu.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am holding off playing it till they fix the combat tracker, and allow it to handle mobs a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    I am holding off playing it till they fix the combat tracker, and allow it to handle mobs a little better.
    Disheartening.

Is there NPC sheet worked on to allow rolls rather than manual actions using the dice pool?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    There are a lot of things that can be automated, even with the complex combat flow in Conan where we have different ways to spend momentum. The framework is there, I already know the ways how this can be done, but it is now up to the ruleset developers to actually make it work.

What bothers me is the way NPC rolls are handled - manually building dice pool and having to compare each time their attributes and exp/foc values in the character sheet. Why there is no automatic roll for NPC stats as it is for the damage? It is ok to add bonus dice to a pool from the widget in the bottom left but complete lack of roll?
    Can you give us specific examples of things you would like to see?
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Do you mean minimize a window? If so, that's still available from the right-click menu.
    No, I meant the option to pin a map to the background...

Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    I'm fairly certain that they're working on that based on your earlier feedback. But I've been running mobs with it as is now and I haven't had any issues. Honestly, I really don't like all of the automation that other GM's apparently love. I find that the computer just doesn't have the capability of handling every situation. I spend a lot of time correcting the computer in the 5e and other rule sets.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    No, I meant the option to pin a map to the background...
    Ah, right you are. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

There does seem to be a few things that are in recent CoreRPG versions that have either been removed, or not included due to how the ruleset XML merges the FG GUI windowclasses - off the top of my head there's image identification (already reported/asked for) and the three image presentation modes. I'm sure there's more throughout the ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    Can you give us specific examples of things you would like to see?
    Absolutely! I would love to give feedback for improvement, as Conan 2d20 is one of my favourite games and I want the official ruleset in much better shape. At the moment, there are two community extensions for MoreCore that provide much more functionality than this one, including automation.

I will focus only on the NPC and Combat tracker, as this is the key for running a good game in efficient manner. Let me know if clarification is required.

NPC Sheet
    - Implement rollable Expertise for NPCs and enable reporting related to the roll result like the players. I find extremely inconvenient to make manual rolls and count the degree of success against NPC sheet as I am playing pen and paper. I want to double-click on expertise such as Combat or Move and get roll made against the selected Difficulty and the chat output to display the same information.
    - Implement Minion/Toughened/Nemesis markers to affect the default dice pool rolled for Expertise. When I double click the expertise I should roll the proper amount of dice. The pool should be modified accordingly using the Modifier box if the GM is using Doom.
    - Implement trackers in PC sheet to track the amout of Wound/Trauma treated. In Conan wounds persist throughout adventure. You can treat them with successful first aid check, but can't get rid of them. There should be some way on the PC sheet to track how much wounds you got and how much of them are treated successfully, in order to reduce the increased difficulty for checks.

Combat Tracker
    - Link PCs and NPCs Vigor, Resolve, Wounds and Trauma to columns in CT. Opening each time NPC sheet to make adjustments is time consuming and very '80s.
    - Expose the NPC Expertise as rolls in their CT instance. This will speed up the game and you can link it to the targeting mechanics supported by CoreRPG. This way the chat will show much better information what is going on. Here you need to work with the OOB and etc.
    - Expose the weapon/ damage in CT to roll damage from the CT

There are other improvements that I think of, but I think this is good start.
    Since I already have Conan Core, Thief, Pirate, Barbarian and Geomorphic tiles as modules for my modules, I wonder if you like those proposals how long it will take to implement them?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    - Implement rollable Expertise for NPCs and enable reporting related to the roll result like the players. I find extremely inconvenient to make manual rolls and count the degree of success against NPC sheet as I am playing pen and paper. I want to double-click on expertise such as Combat or Move and get roll made against the selected Difficulty and the chat output to display the same information.
    I'm sure you know this, but I'm just covering off the basics so we're on the same page. You don't just roll Expertise in isolation - you need to also select the relevant attribute to go with the test. For example: Agility attribute + Movement expertise for Acrobatics, Brawn attribute + Move expertise for Athletics. The current ruleset allows you to double-click on the Attribute and double-click on the Expertise in the NPC sheet, this will populate the target number info in the graphic in the bottom left of the desktop - then you drag/drop that to the chat window to roll. This works (except for the already reported issue of Expertise not being used as the Focus level for the roll). So, you kinda get the reporting you're asking for already - you don't need to manually calculate the successes and doom from the NPC roll. So the core of the NPC roll system is there now.

However, it is very laborious to use. So, like @Valyar, I'd like some way to make this easier - maybe a radio check-box for the Attribute and then double-click on the expertise - one click, and a double-click; rather than the double-click, double-click and drag/drop we have now - plus, assuming the radio button remains in place, it will be quicker for repeatable skill checks (just a double-click).

Where the attribute and expertise can be combined together is for attack rolls (and maybe parry rolls as well?) - and this would be great to make combat checks a quick double-click on a melee attack, ranged attack and parry field (three fields in total) - or maybe even a single-click button, with the ruleset automatically combining the relevant attribute and the Combat expertise and rolling, all as part of the double-click/button press. This is definitely my biggest gripe about the implementation at the moment - combats just seem a big mess of double-clicks plus drag/drops from the GM side.

Vampire 5e ruleset has good approach towards rolling different combination of skills and attributes, it will significantly improve the flow for NPCs if implemented this way.

@Trenloe - thanks for the clarification, I was confused on this part a bit, but now it is clear.

Thread Information