STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 39 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Something we noticed on our first playthrough is that even though the option for Show DM Rolls is off, it still tells players whether I succeeded or not. They cant see the rolls, but the red failure or green success wording still shows on their screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Karandus View Post
    Something we noticed on our first playthrough is that even though the option for Show DM Rolls is off, it still tells players whether I succeeded or not. They cant see the rolls, but the red failure or green success wording still shows on their screens.
    Karandus,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will look into it as soon as possible.
    OmegaCrits

@statik367 @Sunspoticus @OmegaCrits

Guys,
    3 questions for you.

Has any more thought been put into the combat tracker yet?
    IE: For handling MOBs and Squads?
    If so, when do you expect it to be ready for update?

Again with the combat tracker. Can you consider removing initiative order numbers, and replace it with a completed action toggle or icon. We all know that this game does not have an initiative order. But is decided by the players, and the GM if he uses Doom. So, when a player or NPC acts, the GM just needs to check the button and it moves automatically to the bottom of the list.

Can you consider adding in a Momentum counter for players, much like the group momentum counter. If a player or NPC makes a success and gains momentum, the momentum is added to the counter, when the NPC or player uses the momentum generated, he can just click it as he spends it.. when at the end of the the players turn and the GM selects the next actor, The remainder of the pool is then added the to the group momentum to its max of 6. This was a feature on several of the fan based extensions that are out there. And it was highly used and requested by the players during the time before this official ruleset.

Thanks
    Jolly
    Last edited by ShotGun Jolly; June 10th, 2020 at 18:49.

1.) The Talent Trees and sample Talent tree mages aren't in the module. The info on how to read the talent tree is missing. Seeing the tree is needed to determine experience cost of talents and to hep quickly determine talent prerequisites. The ore book talen't don't give experience cost in the talent's description like in non-core books that have other talents.

2.) When managing and creating characters if I roll a die the result is given as 0 and and error message shows up. Rolling on a table doesn't do this.

3.) The font used to display the name of a character in a character sheet, NPC does not display many common symbols. minus sign, apostrophe, etc. that are in character names in the various Conan source books and pregens from the quick play modules. The text will just show up as blank for those charters. The font most likely doesn't have symbols to use for this.

4.) Some ranged weapons also can be used as melee ones, but the space/entry area for Reach only shows up in melee weapons.

Noticed some more bugs.

1.) f you drag a PC sheet to the Combat Tracker the character portrait isn't showing up showing up in the tracker.

2,) You can move the character portrait from the combat and also from the character sheet to a map to show a charter on amp.

3.) A player can't drag a token to the character portrait on a character sheet if one wanted to use a token for the character instead of s portrait image to use for maps.

The above are when using the set in FG Classic. No idea if Unity version is also having the same bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
    Noticed some more bugs.

1.) f you drag a PC sheet to the Combat Tracker the character portrait isn't showing up showing up in the tracker.

2,) You can move the character portrait from the combat and also from the character sheet to a map to show a charter on amp.

3.) A player can't drag a token to the character portrait on a character sheet if one wanted to use a token for the character instead of s portrait image to use for maps.

The above are when using the set in FG Classic. No idea if Unity version is also having the same bugs.
    No issues like that on my game. I'm in FGC too. What version are you running?

I deleated all the Conan files in the Vault Folder and reran the updater to ensure that none of the Conan files were corrupted and I had afresh copy of the Ruleset, etc..

I did some screen shots to show some of the problems.

Two PC Characters - Named : Test 1 & 2 when dragged to combat tracker. The wrong image is displayed in the tracker and not the correct portrait. See highlighted area in tracker. This happens with any PC sheet. It's wanting to use the 1st image in my shared folder or last image used for an NPC.

Conan Tracker Portrait Bug 1.jpg

The 2nd image has a grid over one of the Conan tiles and 4 tokens from token modules. The 2 PC characters can't be added as FG won't allow the portrait to display on the map like a token. NPC tokens show ok along with anything I just drag from a token module onto the map. Character Portraits aren't showing up.

FG Token & Portrait Bug.jpg

Fantasy Grounds and Conan Ruleset are latest non-beta versions.

I deleated all the Conan files in the Vault Folder and reran the updater to ensure that none of the Conan files were corrupted and I had afresh copy of the Ruleset, etc..

I did some screen shots to show some of the problems.

Two PC Characters - Named : Test 1 & 2 when dragged to combat tracker. The wrong image is displayed in the tracker and not the correct portrait. See highlighted area in tracker. This happens with any PC sheet. It's wanting to use the 1st image in my shared folder or last image used for an NPC.

Conan Tracker Portrait Bug 1.jpg

The 2nd image has a grid over one of the Conan tiles and 4 tokens from token modules. The 2 PC characters can't be added as FG won't allow the portrait to display on the map like a token. NPC tokens show ok along with anything I just drag from a token module onto the map. Character Portraits aren't showing up.

FG Token & Portrait Bug.jpg

Fantasy Grounds and Conan Ruleset are latest non-beta versions.
    That's weird... Most troubleshooting on these stems from dropping and dragging from the NPC / Foes tabs (technically you're supposed to drop-and-drag only from the Encounters / Battles tab for most rulesets). Then you drop and drag the Minis and Tokens on your map from the Tracker. But that doesn't look like your issue.

Still, try it though, create a Battle and use the button to place those NPCs on the Tracker. See if that works for them. That shouldn't affect your PCs / Heroes though. Maybe it's an issue with the folder your portraits / tokens are in?

I'm not a tech guy btw, just someone who is a frequent end-user for FG.

1.) The Talent Trees and sample Talent tree mages aren't in the module. The info on how to read the talent tree is missing. Seeing the tree is needed to determine experience cost of talents and to hep quickly determine talent prerequisites. The ore book talen't don't give experience cost in the talent's description like in non-core books that have other talents.

2.) When managing and creating characters if I roll a die the result is given as 0 and and error message shows up. Rolling on a table doesn't do this.

4.) Some ranged weapons also can be used as melee ones, but the space/entry area for Reach only shows up in melee weapons.
    I noticed these in my first session I ran with the ruleset and had them on my list to report. Thanks Jay_NOLA!

Regarding #4 - the same for Threaten attacks, they don't have a range entry (and ideally should).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

A few things based off recently running a game.

1. Difficulty buttons labeled as DC1 etc., but should be D1, D2... A minor thing, but DC is a (single) d20 based mechanic (Difficulty Class), Conan 2d20 has Difficulty 1, Difficulty 2, etc..
    2. Images don't have the ID functionality - this means the GM can't hide spoilers from the players (in an image name - it happens often).
    3. Please, please, please add the attack roll to a weapon combat entry - especially on a NPC. This will speed up combat no end!
    4. Reference manual - split sections into more headings. For example, skills would be GREAT in their own sections. All of my players were new to Conan 2d20 and only one had their own copy of the rules. Being able to quickly and easily share a Reference Manual record specific to one skill (not the whole skill list and say "scroll down - lots") would have been great.
    5. Connected to the previous entry - it would be fantastic to have links next to each skill that open a window showing details of the skill.
    6. Items - would it be possible to add some default "items" (weapons) to make it easier to create PCs and NPC - specifically unarmed melee, unarmed range and steely glare - the three different type of attacks default.
    7. Please add the different threaten attacks to items (weapons). This will make it much easier to use when needed.
    8. No mood lighting button.
    9. Is there a way to track encumbrance?
    10. What are the plans for the combat tracker? I know there isn't an initiative order in Conan 2d20, but having a nicer way to track who's acted, and also easily track stress, traumas, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information