Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenger View Post
    I tried to install and uninstall, delete the registry, use the old installer but the FGU does not come out of this splice when updating after installing.
    Attachment 34505

Welcome to the forums, sorry you are having problems.

Can you let us know your operating system and then upload the installer.log file that should be in your installation directory?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ich habe jetzt auch die Berechtigungen für meinen User manuell angepasst, und habe jetzt das Popup nicht mehr.
    Wie kann ich denn überprüfen ob jetzt Updater und Programm die richtige Version haben, oder ob ich eventuell neu installieren muß ?

Quote Originally Posted by Noonien View Post
    Ich habe jetzt auch die Berechtigungen für meinen User manuell angepasst, und habe jetzt das Popup nicht mehr.
    Wie kann ich denn überprüfen ob jetzt Updater und Programm die richtige Version haben, oder ob ich eventuell neu installieren muß ?
    Du siehst im Launcher oben rechts Deine Version und daneben ein Datum, dasselbe kannst Du beim Updater machen

Die Version vom Launcher ist gerade der 23. April und die vom Updater der 24. April

Wenn Du da ein anderes Datum siehst, dann solltest Du FGU neu installieren (und vielleicht vorher nochmal ein Update versuchen)

@All: Noonien did the same as me, and asked how to see whether one has the correct version of FGU

Will try, and sorry to write in German ...seems I am confused
    When reinstalling, do I need to save changes that I made to my compaign, save characters or things like that before ?

Quote Originally Posted by Noonien View Post
    Will try, and sorry to write in German ...seems I am confused
    When reinstalling, do I need to save changes that I made to my compaign, save characters or things like that before ?
    no, when your data folder was separate to the app folder then you should not loose your data (there were some issues when both folders coincided; as far as I know the updater does not allow anymore that both are at the same folder anyway ) If you want to be really sure then do a backup of your data folder (in general always good to do that from time to time, you never know what happens, maybe an electricity outage, your computer explodes etc. )

I didn't find install.log in the installation folder. The problem occurs right after installation and does not update anything.Operacional sisten.jpgpasta de instalação.jpgFantasyGroundsUpdater.log

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Welcome to the forums, sorry you are having problems.

Can you let us know your operating system and then upload the installer.log file that should be in your installation directory?
    I didn't find install.log in the installation folder. The problem occurs right after installation and does not update anything.
    Operacional sisten.jpg
    pasta de instalação.jpg
    FantasyGroundsUpdater.log

Thx Kelrugen, wanted to reinstall today, but after updating today I now get the right version displayed Updater 24_04, Launcher 28_04.
    So no reinstall needed.

One of my players is having issues. Every time he tries to join my campaing, fantasy grounds show the logo and keep it for hours.
    Other players can join without problems. So i think is omething on his PC. Is runing wondows 10 pro. Folders have all permision to read and write.
    I run out of ideas...
    This is a screen of log. ( im running his computer with teamviewer, bcse he is nt proficient on computers
    Captura de pantalla (10).jpg

Any ideas?

this is the network log:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Co...exd8gwqKgvPASH
    Last edited by xsheikanx; April 30th, 2020 at 15:38.

@redeyesofnight - there's a strange issue where FG is looking in C:/WINDOWS/system32 for the FG updater - even though the registry setting is correct

Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...locate-program

EDIT: they were using an old pinned link to start FG. Removing the pinned link and creating a new one fixed the issue. Probably the "start in" setting of the link wasn't correct.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 1st, 2020 at 12:03.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information