5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Soft line breaks dont respect bold, italic and underline formatting

As I am writing my adventure module I came upon some formatting problems. I can replicate these in a fresh campaign without extensions. Soft line breaks seem to cause issues with bold, italic and underline texts. Hard line breaks work fine.

For testing I mixed the line break method to better illustrate the error.
    Before reloading the campaign:

After reloading the campaign:

This thread may be related: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ent-characters

When adding a new line via SHIFT+Enter, a carriage return code (#&13) is inserted and looks like this in db.xml (backslash before ; character added to be able to post output):
    Code:
    <p><b>Bold</b> text&#13\;<b>Bold</b> text&#13\;<b>Bold</b> text</p>
    Similar to in the other thread, on reload a space is added before each <b> tag, which results in the extra space you're seeing. In db.xml after:
    Code:
    <p><b>Bold </b>text&#13\; <b>Bold </b>text&#13\; <b>Bold </b>text</p>
    Last edited by Ecks; May 29th, 2021 at 18:45. Reason: fixed typo

Indeed. I think this has been know about for some time. I have the same issue when using par5e hence I have to enclose any punctuation within the tabs to avoid this , So I have to <b>this,<b> - in other words bold the comma as well. So when using the line break I'd include that inside the tags as well <b>1st line@#13;\</b>Second Line
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    This thread may be related: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ent-characters

When adding a new line via SHIFT+Enter, a carriage return code (#&13) is inserted and looks like this in db.xml (backslash before ; character added to be able to post output):
    Code:
    <p><b>Bold</b> text
    \;<b>Bold</b> text
    \;<b>Bold</b> text</p>
    Similar to in the other thread, on reload a space is added before each <b> tag, which results in the extra space you're seeing. In db.xml after:
    Code:
    <p><b>Bold </b>text
    \; <b>Bold </b>text
    \; <b>Bold </b>text</p>
    You're right, I just skimmed through your post as I read it when it was posted. Well, then I take Moon Wizard's response is probably the same for my observings. Hard line breaks are the way to go then for anything not raw text.

EDIT: Thanks @Zacchaeus for the tips!

Thread Information