Starfinder Playlist

Finally started using Fantasy Grounds

After purchasing an Ultimate license way back in 2015 this past week and a half I finally used it for real after pottering around with it here and there and I'm wondering why it took me so long to get a game together (though due to the world as it currently stand I DO I find myself with more free time than usual funnily enough). Apart from kicking myself for not taking up the opportunity to jump on board the Kickstarter when it was around for Unity I have no complaints. Currently running players through The Lost Mine of Phandelver which is of course free at the moment but I will be purchasing it, not just because our group won't be finishing it in time for the end of the free period but also because it's just so well done and I will be running it again with other players some time I suspect. I suppose the point of this post was simply to say hello and I'm very glad to be running FG I find the forums and wiki very helpful as are some of the guides I've found on Youtube.

Blog Entries
    Congrats on getting a game started. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Welcome and glad to hear your story

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Glad to have you in the community!

Blog Entries
    Better late than never! Welcome.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

One of the only silver linings to not having any work at the moment and not being constantly travelling, I have the time to setup and play D&D! Of course Fantasy Grounds modules cut most of the prep time out of DMing so providing my laptop can handle running FG when the world is up and running again I hope to continue playing weekly or bi weekly while on the road!

Blog Entries
    When you end up back on the road, if you are running FGC, then consider getting a VPN like PureVPN with the dedicated IP option. It will help insure you can play regardless of the random hotel's firewall.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the suggestion! I usually tend to avoid the hotel wifi as it is usually slow as molasses (hooray for the rubbish infrastructure that is Australian internet!) but I imagine the same might be true if I use my phones data (I have gigs and gigs I never use). Plus I've been thinking about a VPN anyways due to security concerns etc. I hope to upgrade to Unity when it comes to Steam and the discount will apply to me (and, you know, I'm making money again), but I think I have to weigh up if it'll run on my macbook on the road plus what my players use.

P.S This is proving to be quite the friendly community! I won't feel bad for asking any questions I may have, though searching for them has proven a lot have already been answered

Thread Information