DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    I like the potential possibilities of a trade tab.

I have a problem with the G in the label because G is for Gas Giant and not for an hypothtic Green travel code, in MGT2 there is only 2 travel codes : Amber and Red (corebook 227). I'm confused so with explanations for law level...
    Note the presence of gas giant would be a plus
    Last edited by sallerin; April 27th, 2020 at 07:55.

Quote Originally Posted by sallerin View Post
    I have a problem with the G in the label because G is for Gas Giant and not for an hypothtic Green travel code, in MGT2 there is only 2 travel codes : Amber and Red (corebook 227). I'm confused so with explanations for law level...
    The 'G' in the Travel code stands for 'Green'. The 'G' in the System is for 'Gas Giant'.

MGT doesn't seem to use the full UWP as found on TravellerMap so it can lead to confusion.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Yay!!! more stuff, Thanks !! Looking fwd to adding all that extra data. I Know there is more to come, There is more to come, right?
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Quote Originally Posted by sallerin View Post
    Unfortunately MGT2 changed how system codes are setup and eliminated a bunch of traditional data including gas giant and pbg either of which indicates gas giants but neither of which are in the code. It is true that indicating G for green in the UWP might be confusing, I don't really mind it there or not there since I rarely use the UWP with the breakdown presented below it.

In my system mods for the Domain of Deneb, I indicate green in zone code for clarity from my testing to be sure it was coming up correctly. I just left it in because i thought it looked good.

The UWP string is totally forked from traditional UWP formatting but that is Mongoose that messed that up.

So, was just looking back to MGT1 system codes and even back then they weren't representing for gas giants.

The funny thing (about Mongoose in general) is that they don't even use their own system in their adventures and system books. They've dropped the UWP and use a table formatted system output which includes the presence of gas giants. Though based on the number of NI worlds they are using their broken trade code table in calculating the trade codes.

Yes, Mongoose produced some very odd Planetary data, it does make things interesting, though.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Every version of Traveller except for MGT2 uses NI = population 4-6. MGT1 uses population 0-6. This means even a planet without a population is NI.

I looked at several system/world/adventures. Bowman Arm & Lunion Shield use the core output. Behind the Claw, Great Rift and Pirates of Drinax use a table that includes allegiances and gas giants. Pirates of Drinax uses 0-6 for NI, Great Rift and Behind the Claw use 4-6 for NI.

For the Domain of Deneb modules I used 4-6 for NI because I assumed that it is a typo that just never got fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Every version of Traveller except for MGT2 uses NI = population 4-6. MGT1 uses population 0-6. This means even a planet without a population is NI.

I looked at several system/world/adventures. Bowman Arm & Lunion Shield use the core output. Behind the Claw, Great Rift and Pirates of Drinax use a table that includes allegiances and gas giants. Pirates of Drinax uses 0-6 for NI, Great Rift and Behind the Claw use 4-6 for NI.

For the Domain of Deneb modules I used 4-6 for NI because I assumed that it is a typo that just never got fixed.
    I've spoken with Matt, he's going to look into it, but suggests using 4-6.

And the sad news, even though CSC is finished, it's Number 41 in the list to go live, and currently around 5 a week are being processed, not sure where the bottle neck is. Sorry about this, and Reach 4 is number 38! Even though I sent that weeks ago.

So v1.1.0a landed tonight, let's focus on v1.1.1 and get loads of stuff in it.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

That does seem like a long turn around, hopefully they get it all figured out.

Thread Information