DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 20 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandersonjr32 View Post
    Do you have to do something to turn on the new 5.2 features? After downloading and verifying that I had 5.2, I checked my already established campaigns and didn't see Conviction or Gritty Damage. I started a new campaign and found the same thing. I haven't looked at ammo yet. am I missing something obvious?
    Attachment 34655
    Quote Originally Posted by Teotimus View Post
    Same here. Can't see Auto-ammo either...
    Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Question..how do we do autofire with NPCs? I set up a subattack with a # 3, but when rolled it doesn't take Recoil into consideration.

GBFF
    Kevin covers a few questions on Utube. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Lonewolf; May 11th, 2020 at 20:52.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Savage Worlds v5.2.4 released

Savage Worlds v5.2.4 update is released to live.

Changelog
    [SWADE] Bull and Snake NPCs fixed
    [SWADE] Iron Will Edge fixed
    [SWADE] Injury table fixed
    [SWADE] Range Power Modifier removed from Burst Power
    [SavageWorlds] Attack type (Melee, Ranged, Thrown, Arcane etc.) can be used in effect to adjust Trait Dice
    [SavageWorlds] $Ability effect support in CT effects. For instance "Warrior's Gift [$Quick]" to grant Quick Ability but label it as Warrior's Gift
    [SavageWorlds] Melee sub-attack consumed main weapon's ammo. Fixed
    [SavageWorlds] Ignore #Running effect did not work properly. Fixed
    [SavageWorlds] Powers can be added to NPCs although they don't have Arcane Background
    [SavageWorlds] Effects are shown in Ability record sheet
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Hello,

I'm getting Lua script error if the NPC has [Parry+1] instead of [>Parry+1] in an equipped weapon. It worked without a problem in 5.2 and prior versions and stopped working in 5.2.3 and 5.2.4 I do not know if the error is intentional or a bug so I'm reporting it.

This situation happens, if the NPC has the Staff item in SWADE Players Guide.
    Causality can be established by either deleting the staff or changing the parry text.
    I've tested it with PCs and PCS appears to be working fine.

manager_string_sw.lua at 48th line, which corresponds to this function.

function isNotBlank(sContent)
    return not StringManager.isBlank(sContent)
    end
    Last edited by Xeonen; May 13th, 2020 at 03:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonen View Post
    Hello,

I'm getting Lua script error if the NPC has [Parry+1] instead of [>Parry+1] in an equipped weapon. It worked without a problem in 5.2 and prior versions and stopped working in 5.2.3 and 5.2.4 I do not know if the error is intentional or a bug so I'm reporting it.

This situation happens, if the NPC has the Staff item in SWADE Players Guide.
    Causality can be established by either deleting the staff or changing the parry text.
    I've tested it with PCs and PCS appears to be working fine.

manager_string_sw.lua at 48th line, which corresponds to this function.

function isNotBlank(sContent)
    return not StringManager.isBlank(sContent)
    end
    Technically [>Parry +1] is what it should be, if you have the weapon equipped you should get Parry +1, if you are not using that weapon (i.e. it isn't equipped), then you should not that is what '>' means...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Technically [>Parry +1] is what it should be, if you have the weapon equipped you should get Parry +1, if you are not using that weapon (i.e. it isn't equipped), then you should not that is what '>' means...
    SWADE ruleset might require an update in this regard, staff item in the ruleset has [Parry+1] tag. Thanks for the explanation on > though. I didn't know it's meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarol View Post
    Hi

Shotguns, I must be making something wrong. When adding a shotgun to an NPC the damage is taken as "3d6 + 1", I think it may be a problem parsing the damage on the item as it is shown as "1 to 3d6"?

Or maybe the ruleset handle it differently.
    That's been an issue for a long time. Definitely needs fixing.
    Game Streams - twitch.tv/rodney418
    Ultimate License
    - All you need to play in my games is Fantasy Grounds Demo

Favourite Rulesets: Savage Worlds
    Currently Running: Pirates of the Spanish Main, Interface Zero, Primeval Thule
    Time Zone: PST

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    That is not completely accurate. > prefix is only for attacks. You cannot define defensive effects using it. You must define Parry to item itself, not as attack effect.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by rodney418 View Post
    That's been an issue for a long time. Definitely needs fixing.
    Well it is really just a minor incovenience, you an always define three subattachas for 1d6/2d6/3d6 damage

Just a minor observation/issue in DLR with regard to the new auto ammo counter functionality. The SWADE rules regarding ammo consumption for autofire don't really translate to DLR setting. For example, the classic way to set up "fanning the hammer" is as a subattack for a single action pistol with 6 attacks (which produces 6 shooting die and 1 wild die). The weapon only has 6 shots of course and uses 1 bullet per attack but the ammo counter is expecting to consume 50 bullets in the operation! There are similar issues when setting up a subattack for a double barrel shotgun for when giving it both barrels which turns into 5 shots. I know I can simply turn off the ammo counter in options but its a cool new feature. My current workaround is just to tell players to manually put the required amount of ammo in the weapon box when fully loaded- these attacks are in such cases simply emptying a fully loaded weapon so 50-0 is no different to 6-0 in that sense. I did wonder though if the function could be made more adaptable by utilising the Rof field to set how much ammo per shot an individual weapon uses rather than adopt a blanket rule based on SWADE coe rules applicable to modern machine guns. As things stand at present in DLR, the Rof figure in the weapons entry doesnt actually seem to do anything other than be purely descriptive.

SWADE 5.2.4, no extensions loaded.

When I dragndrop a chat paragraph to a pj to wisper the text to the player, an error is thrown:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_character.lua"]:1154: attempt to call field 'processWhisper' (a nil value)
    Can anyone replicate this bug?
    Last edited by lozanoje; May 19th, 2020 at 08:59.

Thread Information