STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 20 First ... 81617181920 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    I noticed tonight that FGU/SWADE is now measuring and moving diagonally incorrectly.

Attachment 44834
    These movement and measurement in the image should be 2, not 3.
    Yeah...pretty sure that was only D&D 3.x that did that. Think they even dropped it in 5E but it's been awhile since I read the rules. It's not a thing in Savage Worlds (I think Shane even joked about that in one of the Pathfinder videos)

Edit: yeah, checked online and 5E also doesn't worry about diagonal movement and distance
    Last edited by IceBear; March 14th, 2021 at 23:22.

It’s actual distance, but it rounds the displayed number to the nearest whole digit. If you turn snap to grid off, you can see the exact point within an adjacent square that is diagonal from the starting position where it switches from 2 to 3 as you are moving the token.

Multi-Action and Soaking bug in Combat Tracker (I couldn't find if this was already reported.)
    SWADE version 5.2.15

Bug: When a player chooses 2 or 3 actions I set that at the bottom near the modifier/dice area. The multi-action penalty works for the player while taking his actions. However, on his first action (was taking 2 this round) he hit and caused a wound on a wild card creature. I used a Benny to Soak the wild card's wound by dragging a Benny onto the attack/damage box BEFORE the player takes his second action (as each attack and damage scenario must be resolved before continuing) which I believe is normal procedure. The Soak roll was made, but at -2 and the chat log showed it as due to Multi-Action (The wild card creature hadn't even got to its turn yet and had no current penalties). Therefore, it looks like the Multi-Action penalty is being applied to anything/anyone else during an interrupt of the active player's turn, as though the others were also using a Multi-Action.

By the way - I'm new to the Savage Worlds System, and I like the ease and versatility! I'm also excited about the project to convert Pathfinder to SWADE, and hope when that's done it will get into Fantasy Grounds ASAP, lol.
    Last edited by Swifty0x0; March 15th, 2021 at 16:35.

The player taking the multi actions clicks the multi action button, NOT the GM. When the GM clicks it, it applies to the character the GM is rolling for. It's not applied to the character the player is controlling, even if it's that PC's turn.
    If the player is controlling more than one character, the MAP will apply to the PC who's turn it is. (The GM must make sure the turn flag in combat tracker is set to that PC.)

Small bug I found with the Stunned effect (in FGU, if it matters). Applying stunned to a character also automatically applies Prone and Distracted, as expected. The bug is that Distracted is added as a temporary effect (ends next turn) rather than a permanent effect. Ideally, it would be added as a permanent and then switched to 1 turn remaining after recovering from Stunned, but I'd settle just for the permanent fix so I don't have to manually re-add it after the times I forget to manually change its duration.

Quote Originally Posted by ddbrown30 View Post
    Small bug I found with the Stunned effect (in FGU, if it matters). Applying stunned to a character also automatically applies Prone and Distracted, as expected. The bug is that Distracted is added as a temporary effect (ends next turn) rather than a permanent effect. Ideally, it would be added as a permanent and then switched to 1 turn remaining after recovering from Stunned, but I'd settle just for the permanent fix so I don't have to manually re-add it after the times I forget to manually change its duration.
    The latest version of the SWADE rules PDF changed the rules of Stunned. Per the latest rules, "Stunned characters: • Are Distracted (this is removed at the end of the victim’s next turn as usual)" instead of lasting until they recover from Stunned. Vulnerable still applies until they recover. I think they mentioned that the reason is that Distracted makes it so that once Stunned someone has a really difficult time recovering because of the Distracted penalty to all trait rolls and it made Stunned more effective than was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by fubeca150 View Post
    The latest version of the SWADE rules PDF changed the rules of Stunned. Per the latest rules, "Stunned characters: • Are Distracted (this is removed at the end of the victim’s next turn as usual)" instead of lasting until they recover from Stunned. Vulnerable still applies until they recover. I think they mentioned that the reason is that Distracted makes it so that once Stunned someone has a really difficult time recovering because of the Distracted penalty to all trait rolls and it made Stunned more effective than was intended.
    Oh, good to know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fubeca150 View Post
    Different, even smaller bug then. The book in FGU still has the old text. Should be a super easy one to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    The player taking the multi actions clicks the multi action button, NOT the GM. When the GM clicks it, it applies to the character the GM is rolling for. It's not applied to the character the player is controlling, even if it's that PC's turn.
    If the player is controlling more than one character, the MAP will apply to the PC who's turn it is. (The GM must make sure the turn flag in combat tracker is set to that PC.)
    Thanks. So, the last part about a player controlling more than one character. Did you mean the MAP will only apply to whichever character the player is currently running, provided the turn flag is on the character he's currently running?

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
    Thanks. So, the last part about a player controlling more than one character. Did you mean the MAP will only apply to whichever character the player is currently running, provided the turn flag is on the character he's currently running?
    Yes. Make sure it's the character's turn in CT. If you are playing both Steelbeard and Amberfletch, and you roll for Steelbeard while it is Amberfletch's turn, Steelbeard will get the MAP. Which you wouldn't be doing anyway. Unless Steelbeard is doing an interrupt, in which case the GM should set the turn marker to Steelbeard. (A few things work differently if the turn is not set to a character.)

Note that when the turn passes to the next character, the MAP button resets (as does the Run button). So If you have an interrupt, make sure to check the MAP (and Run) button before you start rolling.

And be careful if you run with MAP. You may put an eye out.

Thread Information