DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 20 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    Yeah, before Ikael got sick he said he was going to look into that as he thought the tokens should scale based on size as per Clint's post:

"Here is the official dirt from Clint at PEGinc.

For player characters, see the Growth/Shrink power which states, "Subjects from Size +4 to +7 have the Large ability and fill a 2” square on the table-top. From Size +8 to +10, they are Huge and occupy an area 3” square. If the target is +11 or more, he is considered Gargantuan and occupies a 4” square area."

Larger NPC creatures fall under the overarching rule that the GM define them as they wish. The above might work for some, but a Large snake-like creature might use a 1" x 4" space. A horse which is bigger than a character but isn't big enough for Large might be 1" x 2".

This is for Deluxe Explorer's Edition. SWADE mileage may vary as I have not had time to read through it yet as I was waiting for final version first."

So technically Size 2 is still a normal sized token.

In Flash Gordon, one of my characters is Size 4 and Ikael was surprised that it wasn't putting in a 2x sized token, but my work around was, before dragging the Token from the CT to the map, I changed the Space of the Token to 2

There's a space and reach for NPCs which will scale the tokens appropriately, but again, Size 2 isn't actually Large so Ogres in SW aren't as big as D&D. If you want to overrule that, you need to change the space of the orgre from 1 to 2

Quote Originally Posted by IceBear View Post
    Yeah, before Ikael got sick he said he was going to look into that as he thought the tokens should scale based on size as per Clint's post:

"Here is the official dirt from Clint at PEGinc.

For player characters, see the Growth/Shrink power which states, "Subjects from Size +4 to +7 have the Large ability and fill a 2” square on the table-top. From Size +8 to +10, they are Huge and occupy an area 3” square. If the target is +11 or more, he is considered Gargantuan and occupies a 4” square area."

Larger NPC creatures fall under the overarching rule that the GM define them as they wish. The above might work for some, but a Large snake-like creature might use a 1" x 4" space. A horse which is bigger than a character but isn't big enough for Large might be 1" x 2".

This is for Deluxe Explorer's Edition. SWADE mileage may vary as I have not had time to read through it yet as I was waiting for final version first."

So technically Size 2 is still a normal sized token.

In Flash Gordon, one of my characters is Size 4 and Ikael was surprised that it wasn't putting in a 2x sized token, but my work around was, before dragging the Token from the CT to the map, I changed the Space of the Token to 2

There's a space and reach for NPCs which will scale the tokens appropriately, but again, Size 2 isn't actually Large so Ogres in SW aren't as big as D&D. If you want to overrule that, you need to change the space of the orgre from 1 to 2
    I spoke with Doswelk and he explain Reach increases the size of the token. I just expect an 8' ogre to look bigger than an Orc - and thus I scaled him up on the map.

I do hope Ikael is getting better, and wish him well.

Yeah, rules as written the space a creature takes up doesn't change until Size 4+ If you look at the Size table in the Bestiary section, sizes -1 to +3 are "normal" sized. The Ogre is bigger than the orc, but still taking up the same space on the battlemap
    Last edited by IceBear; March 10th, 2021 at 19:25.

I have the Lua error popping up again (when a player is in the game, when they use a bennie it spits up an error).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Misremembered
    Last edited by IceBear; March 13th, 2021 at 01:46.

Hiyas,

So I notice coming to Savage Worlds FGU from PF2e FGU that players cannot control the effects they put on themselves by default. Is this a setting I am missing, or is this by design? It would be nice for casters to be able to remove their Boost/Lower Trait effects and the like from themselves and their targets with out the GM having to do it. Is this a functionality that might be added?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    Hiyas,

So I notice coming to Savage Worlds FGU from PF2e FGU that players cannot control the effects they put on themselves by default. Is this a setting I am missing, or is this by design? It would be nice for casters to be able to remove their Boost/Lower Trait effects and the like from themselves and their targets with out the GM having to do it. Is this a functionality that might be added?

Thanks!
    This has been requested at
    https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=133878

You can add your vote. (More people have asked for this in the forum than have voted for it.)

I noticed tonight that FGU/SWADE is now measuring and moving diagonally incorrectly.

diagonal.png
    These movement and measurement in the image should be 2, not 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    I noticed tonight that FGU/SWADE is now measuring and moving diagonally incorrectly.

diagonal.png
    These movement and measurement in the image should be 2, not 3.
    That is working properly, but you can change it in game options. Savage worlds uses real inches for distance, and the distance diagonally on a square is 1.41 inches. So the reality is that is 2.82 inches, which is closer to 3, than it is to 2.

That said, if you go to the grid settings on the map, you can change the setting from "Raw Distance" to "Grid Distance".

Screenshot of what to look for.
    distance.png

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMantle View Post
    That is working properly, but you can change it in game options. Savage worlds uses real inches for distance, and the distance diagonally on a square is 1.41 inches. So the reality is that is 2.82 inches, which is closer to 3, than it is to 2.

That said, if you go to the grid settings on the map, you can change the setting from "Raw Distance" to "Grid Distance".

Screenshot of what to look for.
    distance.png
    That's not what raw distance is for. Raw distance gives the actual measurement (rounded to 1 decimal place as of a couple of patches ago). It's good for determining travel distance on an overland map, for example. It's not used for combat movement and measurement.

Here's a screenshot with raw distance turned on:
    raw distance.png
    Obviously that won't work when players are moving tokens and putting down templates.

Interestingly, here's what raw distance does in chase mode:
    chase.png

And chase mode with raw distance toggled off:
    chase 2.png

The above two should have the same measurement, which should be based on range increment (i.e. distance multiplier). Distance multiplier is set to one for that image, btw.

Thread Information