FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 20 First ... 51314151617 ... Last

Power Effects Shouldn't Be Altered on Drag-Drop

Dragging an effect from a power’s effect list onto CT works correctly. Dragging a power effect onto a weapon on a character sheet alters the effect. For example, dragging [Damage +2] from Smite to a sword turns it into [> #Smite], rendering it useless. This is fine for registered effects on the effects list, but not for powers without a corresponding registered effect. The same behavior is seen when dragging an effect from chat to a character sheet weapon. Could this be changed to detect the drag initiates from a power or chat rather than the effects list, and not change the dropped effect text?

Thanks!

Edit: Dragging a smite power effect onto a weapon should result in [>Damage +2] (for example) being put on the weapon rather than [>#Smite]. (Note the > so it applies only to that single weapon.)

Smite is the only core power that is specifically put on a weapon and not on a character. But some settings have other powers that affect weapons. I'm running a setting that has three spells that apply to weapons, and smite has a handful of effects not in core.
    Last edited by Mike Serfass; February 28th, 2021 at 06:28.

[> #Smite] means when this weapon rolls damage add +2, how is that different?

[Damage +2] would mean whilst I am carrying this item I do +2 damage with any weapon.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

The # means a reference to an effect on the effects list. There's no effect on the list named smite. So [>#Smite] on a weapon does nothing. It also does nothing if added to CT like that. Give it a try.

I use [Damage +2] and the like for magic items. If it's' equipped, it kicks in. That's a cool feature! I made a [Fighting +1d] collar for my beast master player so she can put it on her lynx.

Just wanted to chime in here. I am pretty versed on coding things for D&D 5E, but a lot of the stuff here is quite a bit different to me. Where is the best reference for how to code items and such? Dragging and giving effects names, and a list, etc.....
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

The latest reference is at https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Worlds+Effects

It's outdated, a bit confusing to newcomers, and has some inaccuracies. Understandable, given the small team and heavy workload. It was copied over from older pages, but it will get you started.

Hey, all.

I just had a weird session in my ETU Game where it would give me an error every time either a player or I spent a Benny. I can't seem to replicate it with no players connected, but here's the error I keep getting.

20210301194311_1.jpg

Thanks again, love the ruleset, and all the best,

- Toko
    - ToKo

ULTIMATE LISCENSE HOLDER, BABY!
    "Roll20 ruined my first Ambush, and I never looked back..."
    Dean - East Texas University - Higher Education Campaign - (SWADE Ruleset) In Progress

That's been reported but it should have been fixed with a recent hot fix...you're updated?

Does the deck get reshuffled automatically at the start of the next round when a Joker is dealt, or do we have to do it manually?

I want to say it is but don't know for sure. Guess you could set the number of jokers to 2 (not at my machine so not sure if 1 is an option) and keep cycling through the CT rounds to see if you get more Jokers than is supposed to be in the deck

I set the number of Jokers in the deck to 1 and then started combat...a Joker came up in round 3 and then again in Round 12. Since I did not manually shuffle, my feeling seems to have been correct in that it automatically shuffles the deck for you.

BTW, I don't know if the deck on the desktop that you can reshuffle is the same as the one used by the Combat Tracker. For some reason I always assumed they were different but don't know why I feel that way.

Edit: Ah, if you browse the deck on the desktop, you get 2 options - main and combat - so pretty sure they're different decks of cards
    Last edited by IceBear; March 2nd, 2021 at 14:14.

Thread Information