FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 20 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Yeah, FGs does so much that when it doesn't it's jarring. I know Ikael said that when he was making the Deadlands setting module he added the shotgun subattacks to the characters that had shotguns for ease of use for the players and GMs. So if the guy that made the Savage Worlds ruleset does it, I guess that's the only way to do it. I think the issue is, the underlying FG code doesn't look at the range when rolling damage - attacks sure, but not the damage rolls. Guessing it's not easy to implement in the current ruleset or Ikael would have done it. I don't think the BIG games (D&D, PF) have any mechanics for damage reduction for range so the core engine doesn't have it because those are the main games it caters to; maybe when they get the dynamic lighting out they'll add some new features like this. The Savage Worlds ruleset is just using what the core engine provides.
    Last edited by IceBear; February 14th, 2021 at 16:07.

Quote Originally Posted by dbm View Post
    I seem to have found a bug where an effect cannot mitigate both wound penalties and fatigue penalties at the same time.

Longer description here.
    Thanks for the report! This has been fixed and available in the next update.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokolosh View Post
    I have a question about applying the #Running modifier - when I click the d6 cube next to pace to calculate it, the #Running penalty is not applied to the Character - do I have to apply this effect myself every time a PC runs in combat, and is there a way we can apply an Instant penalty to that PC when the Running roll is made?
    If you roll from the sheet like that then you need to manually track Running penalties. If you want to "automate" it in SWADE then use the "Run" button on bottom left corner (next to modifier stack). When you click that button it will roll the running die (as GM it uses active combatant from CT) and you rolls will have running penalty until the button is reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokolosh View Post
    I'm also wondering if there's any way to hardcode the shotgun bonuses and penalties - I know the system calculates range, because it tells me it does - is there a way to refer to this calculation in order to give Shotguns their close combat shooting bonus and/or drop damage dice for distance penalties?
    According to rules as written (at least SWD and SWADE), the shotgun bonus applies in all ranges (not only in short range). There is no automation to change damage dices according to ranges. You should create sub-attack entries that represent each different range damage.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

The Size effect works with positive numbers, but not negative values.
    [Size =8] sets a PC's size to Huge and scale mods are applied perfectly.
    [Size =-3] however does not set size to very small. Scale mods are not applied. Any other effects that follow Size =-3 are ignored. [Size =-3, Pace =3] drops the pace effect, for example.
    I can use [Size -3, and that subtracts and applies the scale mod just fine, but it's a relative adjustment. I'd like to set this to a static value.
    I have a shape changer PC, and I'm setting traits and such to static values so they're not affected when the character advances. I'm using these effects on a PC character sheet.

P.S. The huge amount of work put into the latest large update is very appreciated. Thank you!!
    Last edited by Mike Serfass; February 17th, 2021 at 08:27.

I tried to run a one shot tonight and experienced errors when trying to pull bennies from the benny pool. I can apply bennies using the Party Sheet, but can't give a player a benny from the pool of bennies represented by the stack in the GM Tools or the one I can place on the desktop. I can award bennies from the GM bennie window but that is not the intended purpose of that stack. I have attached my log files as it was making errors in the console.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just successfully added a Benny to a character from the Pool on the desktop to a character on the Combat Tracker

I have several things going on with Bennies. One I thought was being addressed but I will list it again. Two are new with the UI updates.

1. Bennie issue.
    Bennies work, BUT, anytime a connected player uses a bennie I get the following error as the host
    [2/18/2021 9:24:21 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)

2. The Soak/Shaken recovery rolls are not applying to the CT. This started with the new UI released a day or two ago. There was a short update today (2/18) but that did not resolve this.
    The system does the rolls (drag a bennie to the CT and it rolls the soak, the auto roll to unshake at the beginning of the turn rolls) but the result does not register in the CT

See attached screenshots.

This is for SWADE/DEADLANDS (the new one). Only extensions loaded are Deadland and its theme. I have gotten the first item in other campaigns (not just Deadlands).

Regards.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    I have several things going on with Bennies. One I thought was being addressed but I will list it again. Two are new with the UI updates.

1. Bennie issue.
    Bennies work, BUT, anytime a connected player uses a bennie I get the following error as the host
    [2/18/2021 9:24:21 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:48: attempt to index local 'control' (a userdata value)

2. The Soak/Shaken recovery rolls are not applying to the CT. This started with the new UI released a day or two ago. There was a short update today (2/18) but that did not resolve this.
    The system does the rolls (drag a bennie to the CT and it rolls the soak, the auto roll to unshake at the beginning of the turn rolls) but the result does not register in the CT

See attached screenshots.

This is for SWADE/DEADLANDS (the new one). Only extensions loaded are Deadland and its theme. I have gotten the first item in other campaigns (not just Deadlands).

Regards.
    I can confirm I'm having the same issue with Bennies and connected players.

Testing the Soak/Shaken issues in FGU I get the following:

Confirm that Spirit roll to recover from Shaken if successful does not remove Shaken status.

Confirm that if Soak roll successful does not reduce damage on CT. When I drag and drop the results from the chat to the CT, it did reduce the wound, but it does not also remove the Shaken status as it should if it is the only wound.

Also can confirm that Auto-consume: Ammo option is broken as well.

Thread Information