STAR TREK 2d20
Page 19 of 20 First ... 917181920 Last
    When using the Name Generator Tool, I get this script error ... Script Error: [string "type"]:1: attempt to call global 'refresh' (a nil value) ... whenever I try to use the dropdown to change from Monster to any of the other selections (such as Fantasy Male, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
    When using the Name Generator Tool, I get this script error ... Script Error: [string "type"]:1: attempt to call global 'refresh' (a nil value) ... whenever I try to use the dropdown to change from Monster to any of the other selections (such as Fantasy Male, etc.).
    This is caused by the SW Maker extension - reported error here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post584925

Using SWADE v5.2.15, no extensions.
    The NPCs that come with the SWADE Rules Module have an info option when right-clicking over a skill on their sheet that links back to the skill (I assume it's like that because their skill list is compressed). But, when I create a new NPC and drag a skill from the list to their sheet the info option is not available (on a right-click over the skill on their sheet). Even reloading the campaign afterward does not give the option. It's only a convenience issue, but helps keep the number of windows open to a minimum for quick reference.

Also, I'm able to use 'add item' to manually add a skill to an NPC sheet even when it's locked (not sure if it's supposed to be like that).

Just got the v5.2.16 update.

Now (no extensions), when I close either a character or NPC sheet I get this error - Script Error: [string "common/scripts/template_rundie.lua"]:33: attempting to set a nil value as a handler function

The error occurs in FGC not FGU.
    Last edited by Swifty0x0; March 31st, 2021 at 11:58.

Stunned - A quick note - while the Effect has been updated for the errata for Stunned, the condition description in the library still has the original wording (the subject to the Drop wording). This is in the v5.2.16 version.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    Stunned - A quick note - while the Effect has been updated for the errata for Stunned, the condition description in the library still has the original wording (the subject to the Drop wording). This is in the v5.2.16 version.

Regards.
    This is now fixed and available in few weeks! Thanks for reporting this, I must have missed these changes when checking the errata.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by ikael View Post
    this is now fixed and available in few weeks! Thanks for reporting this, i must have missed these changes when checking the errata.
    ty!

Party Sheet shows Bennies incorrectly

Good morning,

in my last session, I recognized a strange behaviour in the party sheet.

One Character has the Luck Edge (+1 Benny) and another the Bad Luck Hindrance (-1 Benny).

1. After resetting the Party Bennies, the party sheet displayed 4 Bennies for ALL party members - instead of 4 (with Luck) and 2 (with Bad Luck) and 3 for the other.

2. When one player then spent a Benny, it falsely displayed the Benny reduced on ALL characters in the party sheet.

The Player Character Sheets showed the correct number of Bennies for the particular Character available.

I am on the latest FGU version with SWADE 5.2.16

This also happens in a newly created campaign without any Hindrances or Edges and without any extensions loaded.

edit: Directly after a fresh session start, the Bennies in the partysheet are shown correctly - but after spending bennies, the "Reset Bennies" option doesn´t work as intended and leads to wrong display results as spending bennies also (the partysheet displays for ALL Characters the number of bennies of the character with the fewest bennies available).
    Last edited by TomtheBu; April 17th, 2021 at 12:13. Reason: additional info

Hello,

this finding is not necessarily a bug but an opportunity for a lot of ergonomical improvement. If I don't miss anything, in order to apply an effect from a power you need to open the description link, scroll down the whole text to pick it out of a list at the end of the description.
    SWADE_pick_a_power_effect.png
    In 5E you just open the actions tab and all the effect, heal and damage Icons are here they are without any extra click or scroll:
    5E_pick_a_power_effect.png

Would it be possible to make power effects accessable directly on the character sheet the same way damage dice are?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    Hello,

this finding is not necessarily a bug but an opportunity for a lot of ergonomical improvement. If I don't miss anything, in order to apply an effect from a power you need to open the description link, scroll down the whole text to pick it out of a list at the end of the description.
    SWADE_pick_a_power_effect.png
    In 5E you just open the actions tab and all the effect, heal and damage Icons are here they are without any extra click or scroll:
    5E_pick_a_power_effect.png

Would it be possible to make power effects accessable directly on the character sheet the same way damage dice are?

Thank you
    I like this idea. We use effects a lot in our games. Listing the way 5e does wouldn't be ideal for SWADE, but having the effects under the top power would be a nice UX improvement. Maybe in a collapsed region? Especially if those effects were copied from the power (like weapons and inventory). That would allow the player to adjust their mods and not affect the power entry. Characters who take concentration, for instance, add the 5 round effect from the power, and the GM has to update that to 10 rounds. The player could drop the mods they never use, adjust mods as appropriate, maybe even add mods specific to their character/trapping/setting.

Holger, you could add this to the request list, see if it gets support. I'll vote for it.
    https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information