DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Varatta View Post
    I have a somewhat related question? Sorry if posting it here hijacks the thread - I bought my license through the FG website but someone gave me some steam credits for my birthday and I'd love to add some books through steam - unfortunately steam doesn't recognize that I don't OWN Fantasy grounds, even though I've synced the accounts (it appears it is a one-way-sync?). So it won't let me buy books off of steam. Is there a way to get Steam to recognize that I have an FG license?
    Periodically, normally every 4-8 weeks, SmiteWorks sends over all the license codes so that Steam can recognize owners so you can purchase DLC. But with the current flood of work, we don't know when that will next happen.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Periodically, normally every 4-8 weeks, SmiteWorks sends over all the license codes so that Steam can recognize owners so you can purchase DLC. But with the current flood of work, we don't know when that will next happen.
    Oh amazing. So presumably my codes didn't go over previously because I didn't sync my accounts until now? I've had my license for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Varatta View Post
    Oh amazing. So presumably my codes didn't go over previously because I didn't sync my accounts until now? I've had my license for years.
    Syncing Steam purchases doesn’t push any data back to Steam - it’s only for getting purchases of Steam DLC into the FG updater.

See these instructions to add your FG key to Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...5530621472814/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Syncing Steam purchases doesn’t push any data back to Steam - it’s only for getting purchases of Steam DLC into the FG updater.

See these instructions to add your FG key to Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...5530621472814/
    Thank you!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this had good info in it. My only question was that if I purchase the Unity Beta client directly from SmiteWorks, I cannot get current DLC for Fantasy Grounds from Steam to be recognized until *after* Unity is released on Steam (early access or full release)? I do not own the classic client in any capacity (direct purchase or on Steam, for reference); Unity would be my first purchase.
    Last edited by Salix; June 2nd, 2020 at 22:32.

Blog Entries
    Correct. But if you don't own FGC, then you don't own any FG DLC right? So you would have to buy any DLC from the FG Store since Steam won't let you buy it until you own FGC (or FGU if wait until its on Steam).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That's correct. Like an earlier post, I have lots of gift cards/credit on Steam and figured it would be a good use of the funds. I was thinking maybe I'd just purchase the ~$10 FGC client the next time there's a sale like they had in March with the idea then that any DLC purchased on Steam would then be synced with my FGU account. Thanks for the clarification though - much appreciated.

Thread Information