5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by avitale34 View Post
    Is there a way to a move a token behind another token if they happen to be on top of each other?
    "Nope."

This seems like a simple oversight. I hope they implement something soon. Radial options for move token forward/back, to front/to back would be fantastic. This is a very big difficulty for me, and I would think it is for anyone who uses tokens for spell effects, vehicles, you name it. If I were the FG devs, I'd make this top priority.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rpbarrett111 View Post
    "Nope."

This seems like a simple oversight. I hope they implement something soon. Radial options for move token forward/back, to front/to back would be fantastic. This is a very big difficulty for me, and I would think it is for anyone who uses tokens for spell effects, vehicles, you name it. If I were the FG devs, I'd make this top priority.
    If its not already on the wish list, I suggest you add the suggestion
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Token workaround

For me, it's actually the last token I grab gets placed on bottom. So I just click the ones I want in back last, so to speak. I want to drop a Fog Cloud on an orc, for example, I drag the Fog Cloud onto the orc, and then I click the orc to put him in back and click again to deselect him. This puts him behind the Fog Cloud - which in my case is partially transparent, so I have a foggy orc.

As for selecting tokens in this scenario, you'll need Critically Awesome Essentials and One-Click-Druid. Critically Awesome Essentials is necessary to run One-Click-Druid, and that one contains code that will allow you to Shift-Click on a stack of tokens and it will select the one whose turn it is in the Combat Tracker. I think they were gonna add in Shift-Click Stack Resolution to FG by default, so it's worth a look to see if you have Shift-Click Stack Resolution already in the Options menu - in which case they have added it and you won't need to buy Critically Awesome and One-Click-Druid. One-Click-Druid has cool functions for Wildshape token changes for Druids, though.

Once you can Shift-Click tokens, you can make it the turn of a token by having the token attached to an NPC record. You drag the token from the NPC record to the Combat Tracker, just as you would a monster.

That's right, you have to put your token files in your FG/Images folder, then drag them from there to an NPC record, as the token for that NPC. The name shoudl be the spell name and I've seen it done with reference to the size, so you can quickly scale the token to its specific size. Like this - "FOG CLOUD 40ft." The NPC will need to have some HP, an AC, and a CR Rating in order to get populated in the Combat Tracker. Just put some bogus numbers. Then keep copying that record and changing the names, tokens, and sizees. It's a bit tedious putting all the spells in, but it took me about half an hour.

You might as well go ahead and make NPC records with tokens for boats, ships, wagons, corpses, mounts, and anything else you're gonna want a token on a separate "layer" for, for use as an 'actor' in your scene. Furniture and background stuff don't need this, just tokens you're gonna want to move around.

With all that in place, you can use spell effect and vehicle tokens and put them in front of or behind things. I think there are extensions for adding spell effect tokens to the spell Actions tab, as well as for stacking tokens directly on a PC's token - things like auras. I haven't messed with those yet, so I can't say if they work.

They just need arrange to front and back choices on the radial menu for tokens, I think. It seems kind of an oversight of something pretty obvious. Of course people need to move tokens forward and backward in a stack. Duh! So I would guess they're gonna fix this?
    Last edited by rpbarrett111; December 9th, 2020 at 13:30.

Thread Information