DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

NOOB Question about tokens that are on top of each other

Is there a way to a move a token behind another token if they happen to be on top of each other?

Blog Entries
    Nope.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Nope.
    Interesting.

I think in Image/Map editing mode you can define on which layer something goes however. But for tokens, it looks like whichever token you grab last moves to the top? So once moved, grab the one you want on top again and drop it over the other?
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    I think in Image/Map editing mode you can define on which layer something goes however. But for tokens, it looks like whichever token you grab last moves to the top? So once moved, grab the one you want on top again and drop it over the other?
    Gotcha thanks! Was using Spell effects as tokens and will have to switch them to images, just makes them a little harder to manipulate.

This would be an incredibly nice to have. A radial menu item as simple as "Move to back" would be AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by avitale34 View Post
    Gotcha thanks! Was using Spell effects as tokens and will have to switch them to images, just makes them a little harder to manipulate.
    I was struggling with this the other day. I ended up just removing the spell effect tokens because (especially for big tokens) I found that often the transparent areas in the corners were interfering with us selecting the real combatant tokens. I went back and played with it after the session and found a work around. It doesn't seem that you can put tokens on other layers than the active "playing" layer, but you can use the spell effect image as a brush and clone stamp it onto a painting layer. So if you create a Spell Effects layer over your map, you can "draw" your spell effects onto that, and from what I can tell it will always be under the tokens from the combat tracker. There still may be a more efficient way, but we're all still learning the new software. Hopefully other people can chime in if they know a better way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    I was struggling with this the other day. I ended up just removing the spell effect tokens because (especially for big tokens) I found that often the transparent areas in the corners were interfering with us selecting the real combatant tokens. I went back and played with it after the session and found a work around. It doesn't seem that you can put tokens on other layers than the active "playing" layer, but you can use the spell effect image as a brush and clone stamp it onto a painting layer. So if you create a Spell Effects layer over your map, you can "draw" your spell effects onto that, and from what I can tell it will always be under the tokens from the combat tracker. There still may be a more efficient way, but we're all still learning the new software. Hopefully other people can chime in if they know a better way.
    I haven't tried this. Can you move a stamp after placing? For things like aura spells?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I haven't tried this. Can you move a stamp after placing? For things like aura spells?
    Yes, one can move all the layers in the layers mode (when you didn't lock the layer, but you can unlock of course again) (but requires switching to the layers mode, not possible in the play mode)

Assuming you keep each spell effect on a separate layer, yeah.

Thread Information