DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Thank you Ikael. Unfortunately what follows still doesn't work:

Additionally, I faced a new bug: when I enlarge the Melee Weapons Table opened by "Items" button, the "Notes" of the weapons remains cut. Look at this screenshot: Attachment 36288
    If the item/shield would have effects the approach of dropping the item to NPC would work. However SWD core modules does not have Effects embedded into items. You can make copy of shield and input those effects yourself.

I have fixed the item/weapon list cut issue and it will be part of next update.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    If the item/shield would have effects the approach of dropping the item to NPC would work. However SWD core modules does not have Effects embedded into items. You can make copy of shield and input those effects yourself.
    Oh my... how can I input those effects by myself? And where should I input such effects? I am sorry but I bought SWD ruleset and I expect such product works properly: "Effects embedded into items" is a base expectation for any FG ruleset!

Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition (SWD) rule system is 7+ years old and newer version of Savage Worlds product (Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, SWADE) was released last year. The effects framework system was developed for SWADE, not for SWD. SWADE products have full support for effects framework (items, abilities etc. have embedded effects). Since SWD is older product, the ruleset is getting back-port feature updates. For instance the effects framework feature was back-ported but it is expected that SWD users have to input them manually.

Oh my... how can I input those effects by myself? And where should I input such effects?
    Read here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Worlds_Effects

"Effects embedded into items" is a base expectation for any FG ruleset!
    There are only few rulesets that have such feature-rich support out of the box. Because SWADE is the newer product it is getting more features and updates. SWD is far from being abandoned but it does not get all the fancy new features.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Me and my friends bought SWD a couple of months ago (because I use it in my gaming groups), when SWADE was already available in the shop: apparently it has been an error, because we should have bought SWADE! However, if you don't develop SWD anymore, you should have removed it from the shop, or underlining such lack of development in the product page (at least)!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael
    There are only few rulesets that have such feature-rich support out of the box. Because SWADE is the newer product it is getting more features and updates. SWD is far from being abandoned but it does not get all the fancy new features.
    Few rulesets?!
    D&D 5 ruleset has Effects embedded into items;
    CoC7 has them;
    Castles and Crusades has them;
    Pathfinder has them;
    Moongoose Traveller 2E has them..
    Should I continue?!
    Last edited by Galdor; June 3rd, 2020 at 14:28.

Me and my friends bought SWD a couple of months ago (because I use it in my gaming groups), when SWADE was already available in the shop: apparently it has been an error, because we should have bought SWADE! However, if you don't develop SWD anymore, you should have removed it from the shop, or underlining such lack of development in the product page (at least)!
    I already wrote that SWD is still getting updates and new features. It is far from being abandoned. SWADE is just getting more features (such as embedded effects) because it is newer product and the feature plays better with the new rules.

SWD and SWADE are similar but there are some major changes to distinct them from each other which is why SWD is still in the store.

SWADE is just getting more features (such as embedded effects) because it is newer product and the feature plays better with the new rules.
    Embedded effects feature is equally needful for the SWD rules! I bought (and play) SWD also because it should facilitate all the book-keeping (as highlighted in the product shop page too) and Embedded effects are fundamental on this matter!
    For example, I want to put a Medium Shield in the Gear of a PC or NPC and have all the maths/bonus/effects immediately automated, without any perilous journey in the world of "how to write/include/embed effects".. I have no time, neither proficiency, for this: I am not a programmer, and I paid money for a product to do it..

Furthermore, as listed in my last post, the rulesets which have Effects embedded into items are not "few":
    CoC7 has them;
    Pathfinder has them;
    Should I continue?!

Embedded effects feature is equally needful for the SWD rules! I bought (and play) SWD also because it should facilitate all the book-keeping (as highlighted in the product shop page too) and Embedded effects are fundamental on this matter!
    For example, I want to put a Medium Shield in the Gear of a PC or NPC and have all the maths/bonus/effects immediately automated, without any perilous journey in the world of "how to write/include/embed effects".. I have no time, neither proficiency, for this: I am not a programmer, and I paid money for a product to do it..

Furthermore, as listed in my last post, the rulesets which have Effects embedded into items are not "few":
    CoC7 has them;
    Pathfinder has them;
    Should I continue?!
    The fact is that there are no plans to add that feature into SWD ruleset. There are alot of automation in SWD and more are provided in the future updates but it was decision not to include out-of-the-box embedded effects for abilities and items because the feature was designed and developed for SWADE.

Why such (apparently unreasonable) decision?
    As I tried to explain, embedded effects are fundamental for SWD, they are expected - and in fact included - in most rulesets, they are one main reason because many players buy SWD on FG (players wish automatons!), etc..

I do hope the reason is not to lure more SWADE purchases.. If so, as you wrote:
    SWD and SWADE are similar but there are some major changes to distinct them from each other

Blog Entries
    I do hope the reason is not to lure more SWADE purchases...:
    You already have SWADE, it comes by default with either Savage Worlds ruleset purchases. The only thing you're missing is the SWADE books, which come with that particular DLC. If you look at your campaign options you have both SavageWorlds and SWD available.

As a couple of us have mentioned in other threads, in any cases where we make both SWD and SWADE content available, only the SWADE versions are to receive new features and updates. The SWD material only gets hotfixes if something is legit broken.

Why such (apparently unreasonable) decision?
    As I tried to explain, embedded effects are fundamental for SWD, they are expected - and in fact included - in most rulesets, they are one main reason because many players buy SWD on FG (players wish automatons!), etc..

I do hope the reason is not to lure more SWADE purchases.. If so, as you wrote:
    The main reason why SWD is not getting all the new features is lack of time to develop and deliver them to both rulesets. Another reason is that SWD rules did not do good job making rules consistent which makes certain automation development impossible. SWADE rule updates fixed many of these rule issues and overall made SavageWorlds more streamlined which in the end allows more automation to be developed. Almost anything can be achieved with software development but not everything makes sense to be implemented.

You can argue what is fundamental and expected but these are the facts. SWD is very much playable and has been long before it had any automation. SWD is getting feature updates along with SWADE but my personal development time is more dedicated to design new features for SWADE and backport them to SWD if it is feasible complexity- and time wise.

Thread Information