FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition Ruleset error!

When I right-click on a attribute (Smarts etc) of a copied version of a NPC to modify the die of the Attribute, this is the error displayed: Savage Worlds ruleset error.png

Additionally, when I modify something on a copied version of a NPC, the effects of such modifications do not occur. For example, if I modify the Fighting skill, the Parry value does not change accordingly; if I put on the NPC the Charismatic edge, Charisma value does not change; etc etc
    Last edited by Galdor; April 21st, 2020 at 17:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    When I right-click on a attribute (Smarts etc) of a copied version of a NPC to modify the die of the Attribute
    This was fixed in latest update which became live yesterday. Update and try again.

Additionally, when I modify something on a copied version of a NPC, the effects of such modifications do not occur. For example, if I modify the Fighting skill, the Parry value does not change accordingly; if I put on the NPC the Charismatic edge, Charisma value does not change; etc etc
    That's as expected. There is no automation in NPC stat calculation because according to rules GM should not define NPC stats according to PC creation rules. Instead you have freedom to put whatever values you want.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    That's as expected. There is no automation in NPC stat calculation because according to rules GM should not define NPC stats according to PC creation rules. Instead you have freedom to put whatever values you want.
    Thank you Ikael (the bug is fixed)!!
    Is there a way to have automation in NPC stats calculation? For example, may I create a player character (so having automation) and then putting it between NPCs?

Two more issues:

- there is no automation at all in shields effects: I can't put a shield in a NPC sheet and if I put a shield on a player character sheet the shield effects do not occur. Should I put every time the shield effects in the combat tracker? It's a bit awkward

- about the "Bolt" power: when I cast additional bolts how can I decide how many bolts to shoot to specific targets? For example: I cast 3 Bolts against 2 Goblins; how can I decide to cast 2 Bolts against Goblin A, and 1 Bolt against Goblin B?!

Waiting for a kind reply to the issues of my previous post, I add a suggestion to the developers: it could be very useful to have the Pace Roll in the Combat Tracker! As a GM I often use the "Run" action for the NPCs and it is so annoying (and time consuming as well!) to go to find the Pace Roll in the NPC sheet..

For my NPCs if they have a medium shield I give them an attack called Shield and add the effect [Parry +2, Cover +2]. It won't change the stats on the NPC but it should add those when the NPC is attacked. I woke up in the middle of the night so not at my computer to double check but pretty sure that's what I did for my NPCs with shields.

For PCs the shield in the items should already have the effect built in. Again, it's not going to change the Parry stat visually but when they are attacked by a Fighting roll their Parry should be 2 points higher in the calculations. The trick, and I did the same thing when I started a few weeks ago, is to EQUIP the shield. Just having it in your inventory means it is carried (bag icon). Need to click on that so it changes to the armor icon so it's actually equipped

As for bolt, I haven't done that myself. However my character has a ROF 3 gun and if I target two enemies at once the first one i target is shot at twice and the 3rd shot goes to the enemy i targeted second

The effects wiki helped me a lot with putting effects on items

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Worlds_Effects

Waiting for a kind reply to the issues of my previous post, I add a suggestion to the developers: it could be very useful to have the Pace Roll in the Combat Tracker! As a GM I often use the "Run" action for the NPCs and it is so annoying (and time consuming as well!) to go to find the Pace Roll in the NPC sheet..
    You can make run rolls from CT by either dragging or double clicking Pace field.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Thank you Ikael (the bug is fixed)!!
    Is there a way to have automation in NPC stats calculation? For example, may I create a player character (so having automation) and then putting it between NPCs?
    You can create your NPCs as pure PCs and after you are done you can drag-and-drop them into NPC list which would convert them into NPCs with all stats calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    You can make run rolls from CT by either dragging or double clicking Pace field.
    You can make run rolls from NPC sheet, not from CT! So I have to open the NPC sheet every time I want to make run rolls, and it's time consuming; or I have to keep NPC sheet always visible, and it occupies a valuable portion of the screen.

You can make run rolls from NPC sheet, not from CT! So I have to open the NPC sheet every time I want to make run rolls, and it's time consuming; or I have to keep NPC sheet always visible, and it occupies a valuable portion of the screen.
    I double-checked it and you can make run roll from CT as I explained.

Thread Information