DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Transferring characters from SWD to SWADE campaign

I skimmed over the forum but I was not able to find anything on this matter:
    I want to continue a SWD campaign in SWADE: how can I import all the stuff of the SWD campaign, particularly the characters, in the SWADE campaign?

Blog Entries
    If, at any time, you saw a button to click while FG was loading that asked if you wanted to upgrade (the default answer was 'Yes') you're already using the SWADE ruleset. Otherwise, load into your campaign and use the /swade command (there is no command to reverse this back to SWD). That will swap the rulesets and make the necessary changes to your campaign database. As for the characters, they'll still load just fine but I'd run them through the SWD to SWADE Conversion Document to double-check if they were built using stuff that was removed or not.

Thank you Talyn: unfortunately I do not have SWD ruleset any more, so I am not able to load the campaign using SWD and then use the /swade command.. Any oher ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Thank you Talyn: unfortunately I do not have SWD ruleset any more, so I am not able to load the campaign using SWD and then use the /swade command.. Any oher ideas?
    You can manually change the ruleset from SWD into SavageWorlds. First make sure Fantasy Grounds is not hosting the campaign. Navigate to campaigns folder within Fantasy Grounds AppData folder, navigate to folder that has the name of your campaign. Open campaign.xml file with your favorite text editor (notepad is enough) and edit <ruleset>SWD</ruleset> line into <ruleset>SavageWorlds</ruleset> and save. After that you can open the campaign using SWADE ruleset.

The easiest way to access Fantasy Grounds AppData folder is to start Fantasy Ground (but do not host a game), and click folder icon on top right. It will open the AppData folder and you should see campaigns folder there.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    You can manually change the ruleset from SWD into SavageWorlds. First make sure Fantasy Grounds is not hosting the campaign. Navigate to campaigns folder within Fantasy Grounds AppData folder, navigate to folder that has the name of your campaign. Open campaign.xml file with your favorite text editor (notepad is enough) and edit <ruleset>SWD</ruleset> line into <ruleset>SavageWorlds</ruleset> and save. After that you can open the campaign using SWADE ruleset.

The easiest way to access Fantasy Grounds AppData folder is to start Fantasy Ground (but do not host a game), and click folder icon on top right. It will open the AppData folder and you should see campaigns folder there.
    Thank you Ikael, it works, but only in part. Unfortunately the player characters have all attributes and skills at d4 now, whereas they mostly had upper dice (since they had spent 10 advances)..
    Last edited by Galdor; June 8th, 2020 at 14:47.

Thread Information