5E Character Create Playlist

Shared sheet for Ship/Base/Vechile/Asset management for the group

I am building an extension for few games that involve shared component such as base/ship management activities. As far as I understand and looked at the codebase and docs, there is no way to have shared component in FG. Even if I put it on the Partysheet, the owner of the node where the whole object data resides can be one, and this will be the GM in party sheet or player if it is in their sheet?

Did I miss something, is there a way to get this done outside of the host's domain?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

No, nodes can only be owned by one player (owner) or nobody. The GM can always change the data, since they are hosting the database.

This is why most shared sheet actions are implemented by scripts which marshal the data to the GM. (Ie next turn button on CT; damage application from PC to NPC; etc. )

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the confirmation Moon Wizard.

In this case the only way to implement it is to be as separate tab on Party Sheet and have the GM doing the management. Or put it on PC sheet, but this is more applicable for vehicle/ship owned and controlled by the player, as in Savage Worlds.

That’s what we did for Starfinder; and it worked out pretty well. Basically, any “vehicle” owned by any party member was added to new party sheet tab; and the pc role in the vehicle assigned.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    That’s what we did for Starfinder; and it worked out pretty well. Basically, any “vehicle” owned by any party member was added to new party sheet tab; and the pc role in the vehicle assigned.

Regards,
    JPG
    You just gave me an idea... Many thanks!!!

Thread Information