DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Time management in PF2e

Ive noticed theres alot of stuff that has time management constraints on them.

But the King of time management Treat Wounds!

A PC can only have a Treat Wounds every hour, and with different Treat Wounds happening to Different characters at different times, it starts to get confusing.

While you can keep track of this on the calendar notes or even on the CT. I feel Treat Wounds may need it's own special tracker system on the character sheet or possibly the Party Sheet?

Just thinking out loud

Like this on the Main Tab of the Character Sheet
    Example Time.png

Would also be useful having the current time on character sheet for all the other stuff that lasts a certain time or can only be used once every so often. But Treat Wounds is the big bugbear
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

This would be helpful if there was a way for me to track time in exploration mode a bit more easily. For example my group is plowing thru module > Cult of Cinders and the majority of the players time is spent search and moving thru 10 mile hexes once per day. I arbitrarily chose when they have encounters or when they run into a pillar. If you have a system you use I would love to hear it.

I was coincidentally researching time management yesterday, and came across the article below. The author has thought a LOT about the issues of time and consequences in RPG games, and the typical lack of any thought into them. I am hoping to use something close to what they have suggested.

https://theangrygm.com/hacking-time-in-dnd/

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    This would be helpful if there was a way for me to track time in exploration mode a bit more easily. For example my group is plowing thru module > Cult of Cinders and the majority of the players time is spent search and moving thru 10 mile hexes once per day. I arbitrarily chose when they have encounters or when they run into a pillar. If you have a system you use I would love to hear it.
    If you have the Gamemastery Guide there is a whole Chapter called Hexploration, its what I use
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    I was coincidentally researching time management yesterday, and came across the article below. The author has thought a LOT about the issues of time and consequences in RPG games, and the typical lack of any thought into them. I am hoping to use something close to what they have suggested.

https://theangrygm.com/hacking-time-in-dnd/

This seems cool! I’m curious how you are thinking you’ll implement it in fg?

Thread Information