DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Player upgraded computer - FGC wont load books now

Greetings.

I have a player who is having a problem loading books in the game. If we run as administrator, he will be able to load the icons, and it is a little more, but otherwise it won't load any of the books.

The following picture shows his screen and that he cannot see even the icons for the books he wants to load: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...46/unknown.png

Additionally - when we try to nuke the data he gets a message that you can see here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png

We have tried a few things. As you can probably tell - we have moved the data file to a new location, and have tried to load as an administrator.

I have 7 other players who are mostly able to connect without too much issue, and this happened to another player before - but it Just kind of went away.

I created a new campaign, and he was able to see the icon of the books. Are the NPC monsters listed a big deal? Do they bog down the download speed because I have created about a hundred. I clear the tokens regularly though, so there arent many loaded up, and also the images are limited.

Thank you in advance.

I'm the player with this issue. I can provide additional data if a solution is not obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJayde View Post
    Greetings.

I have a player who is having a problem loading books in the game. If we run as administrator, he will be able to load the icons, and it is a little more, but otherwise it won't load any of the books.

Additionally - when we try to nuke the data he gets a message that you can see here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png
    Make sure that the Windows user being used to login to the computer has full access to that "ABC" directory structure. It looks like the Windows user only has read-only access to some of it, especially the cache directories.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Make sure that the Windows user being used to login to the computer has full access to that "ABC" directory structure. It looks like the Windows user only has read-only access to some of it, especially the cache directories.
    We tried that with the prior location, but I will give it a shot sometime tomorrow to see if that solves it. Thanks for the reply.

Make sure you can use the clear cache "nuke" button without error - and that it actually removes contents from that directory listed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Make sure you can use the clear cache "nuke" button without error - and that it actually removes contents from that directory listed.
    The second picture is what happens when we try to nuke it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJayde View Post
    The second picture is what happens when we try to nuke it.
    So it's definitely an issue with that directory.

Try deleting ABC\cache - you may have to do that as Administrator. Then, as the non-admin user, start up FG and join a game - FG should recreate the cache directory.

So it's definitely an issue with that directory.

Try deleting ABC\cache - you may have to do that as Administrator. Then, as the non-admin user, start up FG and join a game - FG should recreate the cache directory.
    We tried that as well. It does recreate the directory, but it doesn't seem to make any changes. We also have been trying to run things as administrator to overcome that issue, but it seems to not work either.

Do a complete uninstall of FG - do that as Administrator. Then, login as the non-admin user and do a new install. Accept the standard FG directories this time.

Do a complete uninstall of FG - do that as Administrator. Then, login as the non-admin user and do a new install. Accept the standard FG directories this time.
    The original install had the standard FG directories, but that does sound like a good idea. Ill have him start totally fresh and get it installed new, with no adjustments to the standard directories.

Thread Information