DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Hello all, I am also new to fantasy grounds and Starfinder and have been trying to find a game without success. I really like the platform and am eager to try it out with Starfinder.

I’ve been running a starfinder campaign, with four work friends for the past few months.

I was a dm/gm years ago in school on ad&d 2nd, shadowrun, rifts, and vampire but hadn’t gm’d since then.

My friend from work invited me into his dnd 5e Pnp campaign last winter, and picked that up, and when COVID hit, we looked at alternatives. I started the Starfinder campaign in feb.

Now he runs a 5e group in fgc after converting his pnp campaign.

We’ve been running dead suns off and on for the past few months and finally hit the second installment last week.

It’s been a rough ride and I continue to learn new things in FGU as well as learning starfinder/pathfinder rules.

I have started to heavily modify the prepackaged content, to suit my rampant band of murder hobos predelictions and have learned to import and modify my own maps and add encounters and assets from piercing together tutorials written for dnd and from this forum.

We recently started delving into ship combat, during dead suns 1, but haven’t started using the newly added FGU starship features yet.

Im currently creating some underwater sections of castrovel for the 2nd dark suns module, and want to run submarine vs submarine vs giant aquatic cthulian monster combat as a simplified version of space combat. Time will tell.

Anyways....
    I think anyone with the gm itch can do this, and the software has improved steadily the entire time I’ve been using it.

I have some delusions of grandeur about helping write some wiki how-tos on various things I’ve learned in my campaign, or even running some one offs with strangers at some point.

I’ve even dabbled with map editing software, map forge, and combined with gimp and some sci-fi tile and item packs, have kind of figured out how to make passable ship and absalom station maps.

But, for now just trying to stay one step ahead of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Matvelas View Post
    Hello all, I am also new to fantasy grounds and Starfinder and have been trying to find a game without success. I really like the platform and am eager to try it out with Starfinder.
    Check the official Fantasy Grounds Discord GM_LFP channel and the FantasyGroundsCollege Discord Starfinder channel. Games are regularly broadcast there, and also check on Warhorn.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information