STAR TREK 2d20

Creating Passive Effects

Obligatory I'm new to Fantasy Grounds. I was going through and adding the Aasimar race to my module to test out creating/adding custom content which went great until I got to the ancestry feats. For example Celestial Resistance adds acid resistance equal to half their level, but adding the description obviously wouldn't add it to the combat tracker. I just wanted to double check that the combat tracker is the only place I could apply an effect like that to a player who had that feat and confirm my suspicion that there isn't a way currently to link a feat I manually entered to an effect or such that I could apply to a player's character sheet. I did try to add it to the combat tracker as "RESIST: [HLVL] acid" but had no luck, are the PC Specific Notes as listed in the wiki below able to be applied as an effect somehow to streamline entering manual resistances to the combat tracker every encounter? Any help is appreciated!

Wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...PFRPG2_Effects

I suspect the [HLVL] doesn't work because it is on the CT, and would only work from an action/roll on the character sheet, at which point the value is calculated as it is actioned.

My understanding is that there is a very early and experimental system in place / being worked on to allow for such a thing, but the only effect implemented so far is being able to modify a character sheet database value (maybe even only the one mentioned on the wiki page).

See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...2_Experimental

Thanks for the reply! So hypothetically there may be a way to do this through that experimental menu if I can figure out what all of the database variables would be?

It will work right now if you create a spell on the character who gets the resistance to hold the effect. HLVL just doesn't work when put directly into the CT, it needs to be applied from the character sheet so it can pull the LVL value.

That removes the aim. The goal is to have a single effect in place that will update the HLVL as the characters level up. By applying the effect as a spell from the character sheet, my understanding is that the numbers are then fixed. In order to update it, you would have to remove the effect, and reapply.

You may as well just directly add the effect to the CT, manually entering the RESIST number, and update that when they level up. But then this doesn't achieve the desired goal of having a special ability automatically apply the resistances.

There's no automation for this, you'll have to apply a relevant effect/modifier manually.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information