STAR TREK 2d20

Magic Weapons, magic damage type and data sets

Hello Fellow Gamers,

I have a question regarding the build out of default Magic Weapon from the Items list.
    I am playing PFRPG, with Rise of the Runelords campaign.

Why don't magic weapons, say a +2 Halberd from RotR book 4, have the magic in the damage type description by default.
    Same goes for magic weapons that are in the PFRPG Magic Items Library. I understand that generic items are generic, but specific items should be fully populated. Otherwise they don't work against DR: x magic as they should.

It seems silly that I need to edit every magic weapon that the characters get to include the magic damage type, when the property: magic is defined.
    What am I missing? Is there a reason not to have "magic" defined in damage type by default.

Thanks much.

Blog Entries
    MOD: Moved to PF forum for better visibility.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I also have wondered why this is.
    I would assume the "magic" property would allow FG to populate the damage type field appropriately.

Having personally dug thru the code looking to change things around for myself, I'll let you know the things the property field checks for is the following: adamantine, double, touch, and masterwork. at least in the pathfinder/3.5 ruleset.

if we are talking items from modules... i'm guessing the creator forgot to add the magic dmgtype flag to the item among the chaos. honestly when creating a magic item I tend to forgot to populate the damage types accordingly. Now im sure it could coded in, but theres no autopopulate of the field... even "adamantine" in the properties section does not add the adamantine dmgtype, just a +1 to hit since its "masterwork"

Thread Information