STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last

Library Data Module

I made A - Z Story Boards out of Class Traveller and Mongoose Traveller Me2 plus some stuff from old magazines and GURPs. It doesn't have a reference manual, because I couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

I forgot to add the copyright notice to the first storyboard. That is now corrected.

[MODERATOR: Temporarily removed the module pending confirmation of copyright permission/appropriate license.]
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 4th, 2021 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by russ143 View Post
    I made A - Z Story Boards out of Class Traveller and Mongoose Traveller Me2 plus some stuff from old magazines and GURPs. It doesn't have a reference manual, because I couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

I forgot to add the copyright notice to the first storyboard. That is now corrected.
    Looks good Russ. Thanks for the hard work.

Xargun

Hi russ143!

It's cool that you've put something like this together and shared it with the community.

We are, however, very strict on these forums in supporting publisher and artist intellectual property. I'm not aware of any Open Gaming License (OGL) or Community Commons/GPL license that would allow this type of material to be publicly distributed. Mongoose did release an OGL with SRD data for Traveller in 2008, but that doesn't cover data such as this. So, unless you have permission from the copyright owner to post this, or you can direct me to a license that allows you to do so, we're going to have to take it down. Sorry.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Hi russ143!

It's cool that you've put something like this together and shared it with the community.

We are, however, very strict on these forums in supporting publisher and artist intellectual property. I'm not aware of any Open Gaming License (OGL) or Community Commons/GPL license that would allow this type of material to be publicly distributed. Mongoose did release an OGL with SRD data for Traveller in 2008, but that doesn't cover data such as this. So, unless you have permission from the copyright owner to post this, or you can direct me to a license that allows you to do so, we're going to have to take it down. Sorry.
    Isnt this the same information that is available on the Traveller Wiki ?

Xargun

https://support.drivethrurpg.com/hc/...bile_site=true

I just used the rules from drive thru RPG rules. I'll email mongoose right now though and see what they think.

I'll include a link to the mod so they can check it out.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...136#post576136

I made a module for fantasy grounds and I put the traveller aid society logo on the cover and in the first story board I put the copy right statement.

I contains the A - Z entries from classic traveller library data books. I put in the mongoose Me2 corporations, mercenary groups, port side companies, some entries from encounters (like church of the mind) and some entries from challenger magazine like the Church of the mind.

It doesn't contain art and I didn't charge money for it, I just posted it on the forum, but the forum moderator wasn't sure what side of the law it's on and I'm not either, so I thought I'd email you to see what the right thing to do is.

---

This is the email I sent to mongoose. We will see what they say and what's the best way to sort this out. (The second Church is supposed to be the Church of the Chosen Ones - a Vargr Church)

Quote Originally Posted by russ143 View Post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...136#post576136

I made a module for fantasy grounds and I put the traveller aid society logo on the cover and in the first story board I put the copy right statement.

I contains the A - Z entries from classic traveller library data books. I put in the mongoose Me2 corporations, mercenary groups, port side companies, some entries from encounters (like church of the mind) and some entries from challenger magazine like the Church of the mind.

It doesn't contain art and I didn't charge money for it, I just posted it on the forum, but the forum moderator wasn't sure what side of the law it's on and I'm not either, so I thought I'd email you to see what the right thing to do is.

---

This is the email I sent to mongoose. We will see what they say and what's the best way to sort this out. (The second Church is supposed to be the Church of the Chosen Ones - a Vargr Church)

Hi.

When this all gets cleared up, please create a separate thread for your project and I will edit the original post with a link. That way any support requests or comments related to your project will be easier for you to see.

Thanks

Hi All,

I've chatted with Matt on this (as he doesn't understand how to install modules into FG - I think!).

He's said in this case the answer will be No with regards to the Mongoose material in there, but we will look into what material can be shared.

Feel free to use it privately.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Lol. It took me a while to figure it out myself.

It might be useful for some other fantasy grounds product. Feel free to use in any way that helps the community or fantasy grounds itself. I didn't create anything original - I just spent some time organizing stuff that already existed for a format of play that I enjoy.

Thread Information