FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    Is it possible to get the name conventions for some of the labels in the character window? I'm working on a community mod for the new Rider setting (Western with Traveller rules). E.g. I'd like to change Homeworld to Hometown, Race to Background and such, so that it fits with the setting.

Quote Originally Posted by opilio View Post
    Is it possible to get the name conventions for some of the labels in the character window? I'm working on a community mod for the new Rider setting (Western with Traveller rules). E.g. I'd like to change Homeworld to Hometown, Race to Background and such, so that it fits with the setting.
    Sounds like a cool idea.

You might want to start a separate thread to make it easier to identify replies to you and your project specifically. Also will make it easier to find questions people might ask you, etc.

Added link to MBM's new task chains extension.

A few questions on community creations and even commercial creations. I'm making some traveller tiles myself for starship mapping and more as fantasy grounds assets. How generic do these assets have to be to distribute them either for free here or paid?

Can I use them to create and distribute them with standard traveller deckplans using my assets? like the gold-standard scout courier and free trader etc... or is that a copyright violation and I have to change the design some?

Can I use pictures in the books as reference for my 3d models so the tiles would look similar or obviously inspired by someones art? Or does it have to be 20% or more different for example? obviously its gonna be different because I'm 3d modelling them first, then rendering and I'm not that great at it. (like an airraft or gravcycle, jumpdrive, CSC modular bases etc..)

I kinda want to give it away for free but only for use with fantasy grounds or something to support the awesome ruleset. But dang! If I have to become a copyright lawyer first, I might as well sell it.

As a side note, maybe when smiteworks finishes the software distribution program they are working on for mods and extentions they could swing a deal with Mongoose like the one dmsguild has? where we could use the mongoose and/or traveller copyright stuff as long as its sold and distributed by smiteworks and everyone gets a cut? free money guys! free money.

Pharoid, I'm not an expert on the topic but check out the TAS program on DriveThruRPG. They are the parent company of DMsGuild and have legal guidelines on what can be created. I emailed them about a year ago about creating adventures and including the .mod file with the pdf on their website. They responded in 24 hours and said that it was authorized. If you consider doing it I would seek approval as well since it has been a year and so you have an email from them for tracking purposes.

https://support.drivethrurpg.com/hc/...d-Society-TAS-

I can't speak to what is allowed here, so hopefully, someone can chime in and clarify for us.
    Last edited by GregRex; April 28th, 2021 at 12:54.

Folks,

Gotta be very careful here. UK Copyright law (which protects Mongoose products) has slight differences in fair usage, but very simply you can't base any work to share, sell based on part someone elses. But you're building 3d models which is all your own work, based on someone elses... it's very much a grey area. I would email Mongoose and I think they'll be able to point you towards what you can do.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I think TAS via DriveThruRPG is the best place to start. They have authorization to distribute MGT2 products that use some of the copyrights materials. They can also communicate with Mongoose if they aren't sure. I have found it difficult to communicate with Mongoose directly in the past.

Thanks for the responses! I didn't realize that theres a TAS deal on drivethu. pretty cool. Hopefully smiteworks works a similar deal on the distribution system they're cooking up (Fantasy Grounds Forge). I really only have a few tiles that look sorta like someones artwork. I'll just change them to be completely unique. And I'll just use my own unique deckplans that I've created in the past.

I will say that John Brazer Enterprises gets their work published under TAS at DTRPG and is also able to get their stuff up on the Fantasy Grounds store. So the opportunity is there. Just need to hammer down the details with Mongoose Publishing and SmiteWorks.

https://jonbrazer.com/

It may be worth asking this question in the Tavern subforum on FG as you may get official guidance from SmiteWorks as I'm not sure how closely they are following this thread.

There seems to be void on the web!
    Been searching the web for sci.fi theme settlements map pack and assets. Find a few vere limited packs often with a odd looking mix.

Looks like there is space for a community expansions or official map pack for a sci.fi settlements, outpost, downport and startowns.
    Big and small buildings, hangers, Prefab building, landing pads, communication installation, containers, silos, hydrogen-tanks, utility vehicles e.t.c
    Last edited by Boldtaar; August 27th, 2021 at 20:50.

Thread Information