FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stark View Post
    Just dropping in to give Blackfoot a big thumbs up, nice to see progress on the ruleset since we played a few years back in the testing
    Not sure that I recognize your handle there stark... as to the ruleset.. since going back to work after the covid scare I haven't had a lot of extra time for the project.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Not sure that I recognize your handle there stark... as to the ruleset.. since going back to work after the covid scare I haven't had a lot of extra time for the project.
    Well it was 2013!

Just found this. Will follow for sure!

Blog Entries
    Pulled this out again today as I was laid up with nothing to do but nurse some back trouble.
    I'm not even sure where the ruleset is currently as far as completion goes. It 'looks' like the key elements are pretty far along.. but.. there are probably a ton of little issues left to resolve.

My intention was/is to release this as a community ruleset... it overlaps BRP and Call of Cthulu in some ways.. but is basically for a different, largely extinct, game.

If someone wanted to run a test campaign using the ruleset.. I'd be willing to release the current version to them provided they were able to provide me with detailed bug reports and feature suggestions. This might be a terrible idea.. as I'm not 100% sure anymore what's working and what's not.. (I'm pretty sure armor and location damage aren't working right on the tracker).. but anyone who is up for it.. let me know.

Blog Entries
    I want to run Apple Lane for my play group. This was the rules edition we used to play and that was the very first adventure we ran.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

I’d have a go. I’ll set up a scenario and see how it plays. Thanks man

Blog Entries
    Looked over the ruleset and there are some relatively serious things that still don't work.

The Attack Line for NPCs.. and parrying in general..
    as far as NPC parries go.. I'm trying to figure how to make it work.. there seems to have been no fixed 'Stat Block' for RQ2.. sometimes (like in Apple Lane) the Stat Block came through like this:
    Weapon Name (damage) attack% SR sr# Parry (HP) parry%
    Sometimes it came through more like this (like in Pavis):
    Weapon Name sr# attack% damage parry% hp#

My plan is to make it work like this:
    Weapon Name attack% (damage) SR sr# parry% (HP)
    I think.. at least that's sorta how it's working at the moment... although the second half of that isn't working at all... (the SR and parry bit)
    I'm wondering if it might be better to actually pull it apart a bit.. rather than have it as a single line separated by semicolons or 'or' like in 3.5... I'm can't remember how this line works in BRP... if it even has that sort of thing.

Interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    My goal, generally, is to add enough automation so that games run quickly and easily. Especially for the more complex 'numbers' part of the game.
    In RQ the initial part of the combat round is 'Statement of Intent' so the PC (and GM) decides each round how they are going to act. I don't really see any other way around it other than to have the GM manually set Strike Ranks for all participants, I can pick up some basics from previous rounds... and I can set 'default' SRs for NPCs based on range, spell, or melee.. but all that will flow and change during the Statement of Intent as PCs and NPCs react to the situation and change their actions.

I would like to have it automatically do calculations for ranged attacks.. so it pops up the 2nd and possibly 3rd ranged attack for archers automatically.. if that's what mode they are in.. but spells can tweak that so.. I'll have to figure what to do there.
    This looks very promising indeed. Great work.

Hello, I recently downloaded the runequest extension, does it work and where do you put the files if it does? Many thanks.

Thread Information