FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    With regards to combat movement... combat doesn't really start until someone can begin to take some sort of combat action.. cast a spell, shoot a missile, swing a weapon, make some other sort of attack... if none of those things are happening.. then there are no strike ranks. My experience was that this rarely became an issue because combat almost always starts with spell casting and ranged attacks so strike ranks usually begin right away... in which case.. movement time (sr) matters.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    With regards to combat movement... combat doesn't really start until someone can begin to take some sort of combat action.. cast a spell, shoot a missile, swing a weapon, make some other sort of attack... if none of those things are happening.. then there are no strike ranks. My experience was that this rarely became an issue because combat almost always starts with spell casting and ranged attacks so strike ranks usually begin right away... in which case.. movement time (sr) matters.
    Oh yes of course movement SR matters. That’s not what I was trying to say. The example I gave was a Creature not engaged in melee moving to an enemy creature not in melee. In this case when you compare SR between them the movement is not penalizing either one, this is assuming that after adding the movement SR to all remaining SR does not exceed 12, if it does that specific attack happens in the following round.

It really depends on how I set it up. Side chatter between players obviously would allow them to plan their actions regardless of the reveal... if the GM were entering all of the info, again the order that the GM collected the data would make some adjustment to it.. if everyone enters their own data.. there's some plus and minus there.. as the less technical players might screw it up.. but it takes some work off the hands of the GM. Regardless, the GM will have the ability to change the results at any time so.. there will be room for flexibility.
    As far as a 'custom' option goes.. obviously I was just listing some of the options.. 'delay' or 'aim' are other ones that would be there with somewhat flexible amount of SRs.
    Good stuff, and players are also able to alter their intent for +5 SR cost.

Blog Entries
    Puttered a bit with the minisheet then scrapped it altogether.. seems like a waste of effort. I could be convinced otherwise... but for now it's gone.

Blog Entries
    Now if someone wanted to put together a really cool bronze age Runequest 'theme' that'd be kinda awesome... I'd do it.. but.. kinda focused on other things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elihu View Post
    Good stuff, and players are also able to alter their intent for +5 SR cost.
    I'm not familiar with this rule .. are you talking about Runequest Classic or some other version?
    If so.. can you reference where that rule is located?

I'm not familiar with this rule .. are you talking about Runequest Classic or some other version?
    If so.. can you reference where that rule is located?
    Page 193 strike rank modifiers, 2nd row, prep weapon, reload, spell, ready missile.
    In most cases, it’s accounting for changing what you are using, change weapon, prep a missile fire weapon, or prep a spell, or things that were not originally in your statement of intent. See page 194 top left, for spell or ranged, see pg 194 left column under preparing or changing a weapon or tool.

Example: my PC SoI was to charge a troll with pike, before I hit him, he downs my ally with an awesome blow, I can forgo my SoI and heal(spirit magic) ally with spell, but it cost me an extra 5 SR above and beyond the SR of moving to him and casting. Essentially I am taxed an extra 5 SR. So 5 + movement to ally + spells magic points -1 (+boosting magic points)+ DEX SR. One note, let Creatures change things in their hands during their movement so e.g. I could drop my pike and pull out a focus, if I was moving 15 meters or more (5 SR).
    Last edited by Elihu; May 4th, 2020 at 11:21.

Now if someone wanted to put together a really cool bronze age Runequest 'theme' that'd be kinda awesome... I'd do it.. but.. kinda focused on other things.
    I would do this if I knew how, I would use the picture on page 100 of RQG. It’s beautiful.

Blog Entries
    There aren't 193 pages in the book.. so.. I'm confused.

The rules from page 17 say...
    1. FIRST PHASE
    STATEMENT OF INTENT
    - The players and referee formally state what their respective participants in the melee will be doing. During the course of this melee round the intentions may be aborted (OK, since the troll ducked out the door, I won’t shoot an arrow at him) but not altered (OK, since the troll ducked out the door, I’ll shoot at the Dragonewt).

So you can abort an action but cannot change them.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; May 4th, 2020 at 11:31.

There aren't 193 pages in the book.. so.. I'm confused.
    The new Runequest - Roleplaying in Glorantha
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information