DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Yes, that sounds groovy, I totally agree with the way you describe how a round works. My point was that in Morecore, the players can adjust where they are in the order in the combat tracker, idk if that is possible in BRPG system. Either way it’s a small matter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elihu View Post
    Yes, that sounds groovy, I totally agree with the way you describe how a round works. My point was that in Morecore, the players can adjust where they are in the order in the combat tracker, idk if that is possible in BRPG system. Either way it’s a small matter.
    Oh.. yeah.
    It's just a matter of entering the strike rank number.
    I have it set up to sort from low to high and by dex as a secondary.. as per the rules.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    So.. obviously multiple attacks don't really work the same as in 3.5.. you really just "can't" make more than one attack at a time unless you are a creature of some sort with a special ability to do something like that... so for a PC... multi-attacks really means splitting attacks... and in this case.. it's nice to have a simple way to divide up your numbers and make rolls from the divided values.
    I've been fiddling with the 3.5 multiple attacks feature and some of the logic is useful... but.. the FULL ATTACK ROLL portion is something I need to remove. The 4 boxes probably can stay...
    So.. I'm thinking that if you open the weapon editor.. and put a value in the 1st box.. that should reduce your attack by that amount... and add it to the second box... if you put a value in the second box.. it should add that to the 3rd... assuming you have at least 50+ to divide among these boxes... for a 4th box you need 200% skill at least ... which the graphics and structure are set up to handle... so I think I'll take it out that far and call it good.
    If you put a value that is UNDER 50 in any of the boxes.. I think I'll just negate the entry and leave it alone.
    All of this structure gets duplicated for parries of course.

Blackfoot,
    How goes the project? Is this going to be a mod? or a rule-set we can purchase? Are you eventually sharing it with the community?

Blog Entries
    Blackfoot regarding rounds/init order in Runequest (which i know nothing about) Celestian shared some code that allows you to reorder entries in a list via drag and drop. It might be something that could work for you.

Blog Entries
    The tracker order is working fine for me.

Blog Entries
    How crazy would it be to create a 'Statement of Intent' window.. that popped up on round start with all the potential combat options listed and you just check off the ones you intend to use.
    ►Move + <movement>sr
    ►Cast a spell - + DEX sr
    ►Draw my <weapon> or <missile> + 5 sr
    ►Fire a Missile with my <weapon> + DEX sr
    ►Make a Melee Attack with my <weapon> + DEX sr + SIZ sr + <weapon> sr
    So.. I 'could' make it so that this popped up for each player and the GM each round... or just the GM...
    Hmm.. assuming that the player or monster did 'the same thing' it would default to the previous settings... so then a simple 'accept' would be clicked... otherwise they would tick off the appropriate check boxes..

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    How crazy would it be to create a 'Statement of Intent' window.. that popped up on round start with all the potential combat options listed and you just check off the ones you intend to use.
    ►Move + <movement>sr
    ►Cast a spell - + DEX sr
    ►Draw my <weapon> or <missile> + 5 sr
    ►Fire a Missile with my <weapon> + DEX sr
    ►Make a Melee Attack with my <weapon> + DEX sr + SIZ sr + <weapon> sr
    So.. I 'could' make it so that this popped up for each player and the GM each round... or just the GM...
    Hmm.. assuming that the player or monster did 'the same thing' it would default to the previous settings... so then a simple 'accept' would be clicked... otherwise they would tick off the appropriate check boxes..
    It's a clever endeavor, can you make one that's 'custom' or 'special'. There is really no way to cover every permeation of player creativity so the custom one would be for those things where they 'think outside the box'.
    Last edited by Elihu; May 2nd, 2020 at 20:16.

One other thing you should be aware of is that movement is not always added to SR, it definitely matters if you are moving into an already existing melee, however if say, My character moves into an enemy that is not engaged with anyone, and we engage in melee combat, any movement I made to close with them is not compared to my enemies SR, it would only be weapon, DEX, etc. not movement.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone, its often overlooked subject.

Also is the statement of intent you are proposing going to be revealed by all simultaneously? That would be amazing! Because, the order in which people submit their statement of intent does matter, some player's statements would be very different depending on what others do.

Blog Entries
    It really depends on how I set it up. Side chatter between players obviously would allow them to plan their actions regardless of the reveal... if the GM were entering all of the info, again the order that the GM collected the data would make some adjustment to it.. if everyone enters their own data.. there's some plus and minus there.. as the less technical players might screw it up.. but it takes some work off the hands of the GM. Regardless, the GM will have the ability to change the results at any time so.. there will be room for flexibility.
    As far as a 'custom' option goes.. obviously I was just listing some of the options.. 'delay' or 'aim' are other ones that would be there with somewhat flexible amount of SRs.

Thread Information