FG Spreadshirt Swag

CT slowness in Unity

First, let me say that I know FGU is not primetime yet. So I expect issues. I'm just wondering if anyone else is trying FGU and what sort of performance they are getting with it as far as the Combat Tracker goes? In FGC, I have no problems with the 2E/Classic ADnD rules. Whenever I run unity, I see weird things, regardless of how many PC's/Monsters I have on the CT. Things like the tokens not showing in the CT for a while after being added, extremely slow loading of the CT when populating it with monsters from an encounter, etc... I would appreciate hearing if anyone knows of any tweaks or things to try to fix stuff like this?

I'm seeing the same thing. Overall slowness and refresh issues primarily. Even just picking the token to drag onto a map seems to have problems. This happens every time I open it:
    Annotation 2020-04-19 160725.png

Me too. Slow when is the turn of a priest with many spells also.

Quote Originally Posted by Accerak View Post
    First, let me say that I know FGU is not primetime yet. So I expect issues. I'm just wondering if anyone else is trying FGU and what sort of performance they are getting with it as far as the Combat Tracker goes? In FGC, I have no problems with the 2E/Classic ADnD rules. Whenever I run unity, I see weird things, regardless of how many PC's/Monsters I have on the CT. Things like the tokens not showing in the CT for a while after being added, extremely slow loading of the CT when populating it with monsters from an encounter, etc... I would appreciate hearing if anyone knows of any tweaks or things to try to fix stuff like this?
    As far as I know there is no solution to these problems yet. FGU has performance issues and Smiteworks is aware and plan to deep dive into those issues once the bulk of FGU is functioning.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

For me the latest update as certainly inmproved the performance - wether intentionally done or not. Though for sure loading a priest is noticably slower on the CT - but overal 2e on FGU is becoming more playable.

I compared the performance of 2e and 5e using FGU and 5e is noticably faster and smoother - being a complete newbie I have no idea why.

Just happy that I can play 2e and know that over time its just going to get better. Keep up the excellent work Celestian.

Quote Originally Posted by sadwargamer View Post
    For me the latest update as certainly inmproved the performance - wether intentionally done or not. Though for sure loading a priest is noticably slower on the CT - but overal 2e on FGU is becoming more playable.
    My guess is you've given them every single spell they can use. You can do that but I wouldn't recommend it. I tend to tell my players that are priests to get the spells they will use the most and not ones they probably will not use. I only mention that as a general practice.

If they decide they want those they can always add them but having the entire spell list on a character (in FGU) is going to have some latency issues. You'll have issues dragging/dropping the player from the CT onto the map and other general issues.

I've not seen the performance enhancement you have myself. I am hoping we'll see at least the FGC level of speeds soon
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yep - There is 1 cleric in party and he is 2nd level so has around 20 or so spells on character sheet, but only 4 memorised. I will ask the player to only take those he is going to memorise and see how it goes. Thanks for tip.

Thread Information