FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 26 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Another thing that may help this - is anyone working on / aware of any GeForce Game Ready Settings (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ience/games/)? Could this be a way to 'limit' the graphics usage on lower end machines?

This is further supported by some more observations from today; I have taken my laptop to the office and it is now connected to dual displays through a USB dock using DisplayLink. I get far lower GPU usage, ~10-15% for exactly the same display windows in FGU as I did when using the native screen. In both cases the Task manager indicates that the GPU is being used to render FGU, but it is obviously not needing 100% GPU usage. CPU usage is similar in both cases.

Hey, guys.

I've been having this same issue. FGU is using between 98-100% of my GPU (as a GM or as a player), which is a pretty old model, OK, but NOTHING I ever ran on this machine used up so much of it.

Windows 10 64bits
    i7-4810MQ 2.80GHz
    16GB RAM
    GPU GeForce GTX860M 3GB

As someone before, I tried setting FGU to be run on the integrated graphics, but it didn't work. It only happens with FGU. FGC runs smoothly like a jazz pianist.

I couldn't find any meaningful response to this issue, which is obviously caused by FGU. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
    Last edited by pablomaz; October 21st, 2020 at 20:21.

Do you have a copy of the campaign folder that is having the issue?
    What windows were open at the time?
    How many creatures are in the combat tracker?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Do you have a copy of the campaign folder that is having the issue?
    What windows were open at the time?
    How many creatures are in the combat tracker?

Thanks,
    JPG
    It happens with any campaign. Just created a new 5E campaign. No extensions nor modules loaded. No creatures on the CT. No players connected.

When the game is merely open, idle: 65-70% of GPU usage. All it takes is to open a single image (a very light 960x960 223kb jpeg) and GPU usage jumps to 93%.
    I loaded the PHB, created several PCs and then populated the CT with them plus two creatures, and it was close to 95%.
    (I'm talking about FGU usage of GPU alone.)
    It's not much of a difference when I open my regular campaign, with extensions and modules open and no more than 9 creatures on the CT (94-96%). As the session goes, then it reaches 100% easily and constantly.
    Oh, every single time I minimize FGU window to check another thing on the PC it goes up to 99%-100% as well, no matter what's happening on FGU.

OK so I am having the same issue. FGU was taking almost 100% of my GPU (Nvidia 1060) and it eventually crashed my whole laptop because it overheated. Last week I switched fantasy grounds over to running on my Nvidia GPU instead of the Intel one to get better performance. It seemed to run OK when I was testing it but tonight it was a total disaster. My laptop is literally too hot to touch and we've cancelled the rest of the game while my laptop cools down.

It was running a map with about 20 tokens on it. I had the tracker and about three other windows open. I wasn't doing much of anything interesting. This is a gaming laptop and I've run really hardcore games on it with out issues. It seems strange that a relatively static app like FGU would need anything more than a few percent of my Nvidia 1060 to run.

I also noticed that it seems to run even higher when another app is running in the foreground?

I'm not running any extensions other than a font extension to use the Liberation Sans and Liberation Serif fonts at a slightly larger size than the default.

So I let my GPU cool down and started everything back up again and the GPU utilization was back down to a more normal 8-10% while running FGU in the foreground or background now.

So I think something must trigger the GPU getting spiked wide open. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out what might be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadarius View Post
    So I let my GPU cool down and started everything back up again and the GPU utilization was back down to a more normal 8-10% while running FGU in the foreground or background now.

So I think something must trigger the GPU getting spiked wide open. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out what might be doing it.
    I'm not that lucky. Still a hot mess last night again.

The new 13" macbook pro ARM will be released next month.

The developers MUST purchase this model and if applicable the rumored 12" macbook pro, and see if the CPU / GPU usage is also spiking on these base model laptops. Neither the 13" or 12" will have dedicated GPU's (I highly doubt they will) but they will have quadcore cpu's instead of dual core cpu's.

I know that Foundry's VTT is a little less intensive on the the cpu but not by much...

Either way they need to be tested out to see if the 12" and 13" ARM model macbook pro's can handle FGU this November.

Blog Entries
    Actually, it will be up to the developers of the Unity platform to first test out Unity on the new platform etc. Then once Unity itself is supported on ARM, then FGU can be updated to use whatever updates in the numerous Unity libraries FGU uses to support ARM. Don't expect ARM support for Unity or FGU next month. Personally I wouldn't expect reliable ARM support until 12 months after release of a new architecture. But then again, I've never like being on the bleeding edge.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information