FG Spreadshirt Swag

Vaesen (Alpha) MoreCore extension and a little adventure

While waiting for the Beta release, I took the lock down opportunity to experiment with a MoreCore version of Vaesen. Damned has been super helpful in implementing new rolls!

What will you find here?

- Extension - there are 3 pre-generated characters showing off how the rolls work. I have not yet mastered the character sheets, so my sheet is based on a Forbidden lands extension I managed to tweak. The rolls are available and should all work and you can apply modifiers (e.g. for assists) which change the size of the dice pool.

- Adventure - a hack of a Andy Lane Story (a Dr Who / Sherlock Holmes Crossover) and an introductory Abenteuer 1880 adventure "All Consuming Fire", I put this into a Stockholm context and added a little historic flavour. "All consuming Fire" is a story I put together to run for my kids and a friend online, our first foray into Vaesen. As such, it is very linear in structure and quick to run. There is plenty of scope to tweak it - a mysterious figure pulling strings in the background goes by the name of Selkie, which is a good way in to include intrigue or the supernatural. Oh - and for some reason, although the original mod file came in significantly under the file size limit, I had to reduce the file size of the library maps quite a bit before the upload worked. They are not as sharp-looking as I hoped and you may have to reapply the grids if you want them. The pins will also have shifted, but their correct location is sort of obvious anyway.

Keep in mind that this is based on the Alpha Version of Vaesen. It's a great implementation of the Year Zero Engine and a charming setting. There is little automation in the extensions, e.g. conditions need to be tracked and applied manually, but I hope you find it entertaining nonetheless.
    Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you Glad another fan of Vaesen is around! I was planning to work on this as well when it is out and Fria Ligan finalize the product.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Hiya, So I am really impressed, especially as I have NO idea how you do anything there! (I'm very much an amateur FG user!)

Am I right in thinking: There isn't a 'mechanic' to push the dice rolls? That's something you do manually?

Is there a way you could explain the dice roll calculation or possibly link me to the idiots guide!! (I have opened up and poured over the screen but am none the wiser on the formulas / parameters / ref fields etc!) I fear that this is something that might be too clever for me, but I'm very happy to learn!

How would you go about adding equipment bonus'?

Is there a way to link attacks to the combat tracker? - I notice you've done that for the NPC in your module, but I can't work out how to do it on the PC sheets.

Targetting doesn't seem to work but I might be doing it wrong (I've always found targetting tricky in FG)

Now it's entirely possible that the above are all mega difficult, apologies if they are and I've asked impossible things, I have honestly no idea

Many thanks for putting this together - it's a great base.

Chris C

and another...!

I'm also unclear on the combat bit of the sheet and what that affects

and (finally I hope!!) I can't seem to reset the combat tracker round numbers, I've puzzled that for more time than I can express!!

Thanks again!

CC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frail Realities View Post
    Hiya, So I am really impressed, especially as I have NO idea how you do anything there! (I'm very much an amateur FG user!)

Am I right in thinking: There isn't a 'mechanic' to push the dice rolls? That's something you do manually?

Is there a way you could explain the dice roll calculation or possibly link me to the idiots guide!! (I have opened up and poured over the screen but am none the wiser on the formulas / parameters / ref fields etc!) I fear that this is something that might be too clever for me, but I'm very happy to learn!

How would you go about adding equipment bonus'?

Is there a way to link attacks to the combat tracker? - I notice you've done that for the NPC in your module, but I can't work out how to do it on the PC sheets.

Targetting doesn't seem to work but I might be doing it wrong (I've always found targetting tricky in FG)

Now it's entirely possible that the above are all mega difficult, apologies if they are and I've asked impossible things, I have honestly no idea

Many thanks for putting this together - it's a great base.

Chris C
    I dont know the system but Ill answer what I can.

Yes you manually push.
    I think you add it as a Roll and use /pool (p1)d6 or /pool 1d6 and you apply all your equipment etc before you roll.
    I didnt build any Targeting into the /vaesen roll because... what is the Target?
    PC attacks never go in the CT - PCs roll from their character sheets. The GM uses the CT because she has multiple NPCs to manage and thy can go in CT because the NPCs tend to have far less options than PCs.

Again I dont know exactly how Raldanash has built the PCs but the way I thought it would be done is:
    The GM enables Dice Pool
    The GM and Players issue /pooltype vaesen into chat
    You add dice to the Pool via the Rolls
    You double click the dice to roll

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frail Realities View Post
    I'm also unclear on the combat bit of the sheet and what that affects

and (finally I hope!!) I can't seem to reset the combat tracker round numbers, I've puzzled that for more time than I can express!!

Thanks again!

CC
    They are part of MoreCore and probably unneeded for Vaesen?
    Click in the Round Number and type 0.

Despite being far too committed to running games i had to try this one. 19th century Scandinavia was where my grandparents grew up and I think i can remember some fun stories... Thanks folks!

Thread Information