DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    The Lanhkmar extension may work, but the No PP option in the main ruleset does not change the Powers sheet. So as far as I can see, it does literally nothing.

No PP Bolt.png
    Game Streams - twitch.tv/rodney418
    Ultimate License
    - All you need to play in my games is Fantasy Grounds Demo

Favourite Rulesets: Savage Worlds
    Currently Running: Pirates of the Spanish Main, Interface Zero, Primeval Thule
    Time Zone: PST

Blog Entries
    You have to use the powers from the Lankhmar Player's Guide, which is explicitly stated in the in Fantasy Grounds Edition Notes page of the reference manual:

There's no way to forcibly re-code the powers from the SWADE book, so everything Lankhmar allows has been duplicated with the appropriate changes made already.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I see what you mean now. I guess I could use the Lanhkmar spell list even though I'm putting together a non-Lanhkmar campaign currently.

Note that the No Power Points rule isn't specific to the Lanhkmar setting, it's a general optional rule in SWADE. So that still needs fixing. Maybe a workaround could be to put an edited version of that alternative Powers list into the SWADE ruleset as well? Most of the spells in it aren't specific to the Lanhkmar setting but are straight out of the SWADE book. There's no reason why that functionality shouldn't be in the main ruleset.
    Ultimate License

Blog Entries
    Sure, and I'm surprised there's no default Power Point automation in there already. Maybe there is? I dunno, I haven't managed to get into a game in two years now.

What the Lankhmar powers do specifically is remove the power point data and add the casting modifier data (plus whatever alterations were made in the text) so you wouldn't want to use those for a non-Lankhmar setting.

As for the character sheet, I'm just going to chalk that up to Lankhmar being my first-ever project for Fantasy Grounds, and I'd never touched Savage Worlds before. I'll start researching what I need to tweak on the character sheet tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post

What the Lankhmar powers do specifically is remove the power point data and add the casting modifier data (plus whatever alterations were made in the text) so you wouldn't want to use those for a non-Lankhmar setting.
    I absolutely would want that, and do. As I mentioned earlier, that's not a rule specific to that setting, it's an optional setting rule in the main Savage Worlds rulebook, and has been for years. It's not like I'm trying to do something weird and innovative :-)

No PP book.png
    Ultimate License

What the no pp option does is essentially remove the power points from the character sheet.

There's no automation related to it, it does not enforce mana and costs with this option on or not. Most of the powers in SW have variable costs that change when you add options to it, so there's little point in automating something that the cost may change whenever you want to cast it.

The tip is to create sub-attacks with the different penalties applied to it if you are using the no-pp option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    What the no pp option does is essentially remove the power points from the character sheet.
    Maybe that's what it's supposed to do, but it doesn't actually do that. See my screenshots above.
    Ultimate License

Quote Originally Posted by rodney418 View Post
    Maybe that's what it's supposed to do, but it doesn't actually do that. See my screenshots above.
    I doubled checked the NPP option, it does hide power points from character sheet. Tested in both FGC and FGU.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Note that it hide Character Power Points (ones you use to keep track how many you have used). Not PPs listed in Powers because you need that information to know if cast has penalties
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Ah I see. That's what was confusing me. So it actually does do something after all.
    Ultimate License

Thread Information