STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Exclude the map

Exclude the map

Is it possible to play without the map appearing every time it is the turn of a new pc / pnc? My group and I would prefer to be able to deactivate it in certain situations. But call it back when needed.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Davide87 View Post
    Is it possible to play without the map appearing every time it is the turn of a new pc / pnc? My group and I would prefer to be able to deactivate it in certain situations. But call it back when needed.

Cheers
    Hi. Try turning off the setting auto center map. That might be what is bringing the map up if you have deactivated it.

Hi, I've just tried but it continues to re-open the map, only not centered.

Remove player tokens from the map.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

If player tokens are on the map it will bring up the map when you activate the combat tracker and when you advance the turn.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)

I see, thanks. I think it would be useful having the option to disable this behaviour. So the tokens could remain on the map.

True enough, I usually use placeholder tokens for things like overland maps.
    -Doug Dougalson

You could try dragging the player's tokens onto the map — if you just drag them from the character sheets and not the combat tracker, I believe that they are not linked to the characters and therefore will probably not cause this same behavior.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Thread Information