FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 12 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Thanks for sharing. I changed the font-size from 20 to 21, else the icon would be cut off on top with single-line output (short character names). Also changed fumble to crit_miss for our PF2 group.

Thank you!
    Awesome as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Drowbe View Post
    So... I am completely re-writing this extension and at some point will spin off a dedicated post in this forum (no plans to charge anything, should stay free). So far here's where I am:

• Right now I have most of the core icons designed... but they may or not show up as I am still coding. They roughly align with the 5E-Indicator extension.
    • I've restructured things to eventually support "themes" or sets if icons. Not sure HOW, but the bones are there.
    • I have plans to support all of the effects... if I figure out the code. I'll align them with the set I did for the Interactive Portraits extension
    • You no longer need a separate extension to replace the GM Icon in the chat window... I added that to this extension.
    • The mapping of the icons has been moved into the "theme" folder... so eventually each theme will have its own. Right now there is one theme, "default" (awesome name, I know).

This basically does everything it used to do and more... plus readiness for expanding the extension. It has a new name... as absurd as I could think of... and should not be run with the old version nor the GM-Icon extension as it replaces that functionality.

Some of them in action...

The current set... not optimized completely...

Until themes are coded, just swap out the icons with what you want. You can also spawn a copy of the the "default" theme, rename it, and point the "include" in "extension.xml" to point to it. That would preserve the default set. Eventually I will include more themes and a way to change them in the "options."

Because not all GM's want to be a skull, I've already included a number of variations in the "_alternates" folder in the "themes" directory.

It goes without saying, but USE THIS EXTENSION AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Let me know how it works out for you and if you have any ideas. Working on both effects and saves.

--Drowbe
    Great work! I was wondering if all the other icons are implemented? I am not sure what I should be able to see and what, if anything, is not currently used. Thanks!
    Last edited by nephranka; June 2nd, 2021 at 14:32.

So... I am completely re-writing this extension and at some point will spin off a dedicated post in this forum (no plans to charge anything, should stay free). So far here's where I am:

• Right now I have most of the core icons designed... but they may or not show up as I am still coding. They roughly align with the 5E-Indicator extension.
    • I've restructured things to eventually support "themes" or sets if icons. Not sure HOW, but the bones are there.
    • I have plans to support all of the effects... if I figure out the code. I'll align them with the set I did for the Interactive Portraits extension
    • You no longer need a separate extension to replace the GM Icon in the chat window... I added that to this extension.
    • The mapping of the icons has been moved into the "theme" folder... so eventually each theme will have its own. Right now there is one theme, "default" (awesome name, I know).

This basically does everything it used to do and more... plus readiness for expanding the extension. It has a new name... as absurd as I could think of... and should not be run with the old version nor the GM-Icon extension as it replaces that functionality.

Some of them in action...

The current set... not optimized completely...

Until themes are coded, just swap out the icons with what you want. You can also spawn a copy of the the "default" theme, rename it, and point the "include" in "extension.xml" to point to it. That would preserve the default set. Eventually I will include more themes and a way to change them in the "options."

Because not all GM's want to be a skull, I've already included a number of variations in the "_alternates" folder in the "themes" directory.

It goes without saying, but USE THIS EXTENSION AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Let me know how it works out for you and if you have any ideas. Working on both effects and saves.

--Drowbe
    Sounds GREAT!!! Can I suggest differentiating icons between players' rolls and DM rolls. The Crowned Skull works pretty well for DM as background.
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Great work! I was wondering if all the other icons are implemented? I am not sure what I should be able to see and what, if anything, is not currently used. Thanks!
    I am still working on getting them all to fire... quite a few factors get in the way of mapping an icon to a chat action. I have some time to put into this over the next few weeks and will post an update asap.

--Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    Sounds GREAT!!! Can I suggest differentiating icons between players' rolls and DM rolls. The Crowned Skull works pretty well for DM as background.

Good idea. Once I get all the icon states to fire I'll look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamyor View Post
    Loved your icons Drowbe, but i'm making a small color change to make it a bit more intuitive, I used the icons on the last session but everytime I saw something in Red it made me think it was a miss.
    A pattern like this:
    Red > Yellow > Blue > Green
    critical miss > miss > hit > critical hit
    How does one do this? (make a color change within the extension) -- I would tend to agree with this suggested color palette

Only recently found this extension - keep up the great work OP!

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    How does one do this? (make a color change within the extension) -- I would tend to agree with this suggested color palette

Only recently found this extension - keep up the great work OP!
    Hey, with these steps:

download the extension --> change ext. to zip --> unzip file --> open the extension file --> go to folder themes --> go to folder default --> open theme_settings.xml using notepad or another application.

Then change the value indicated here below with a red underline.
    Replace it with a new colour value, you choose and pick the new colour value you'd like here: https://htmlcolorcodes.com

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; June 10th, 2021 at 13:03.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey, with these steps:

download the extension --> change ext. to zip --> unzip file --> open the extension file --> go to folder themes --> go to folder default --> open theme_settings.xml using notepad or another application.

Then change the value indicated here below with a red underline.
    Replace it with a new colour value, you choose and pick the new colour value you'd like here: https://htmlcolorcodes.com

Yup! Those are the settings. That will change the font color. To change the icon colors, you'll need to replace the images. The default colors I used were really optimized for SirMotte's hearth theme.

Working on this extension this week... I will tweak a bit for clarity. Will post what I come up with.

Yup! Those are the settings. That will change the font color. To change the icon colors, you'll need to replace the images. The default colors I used were really optimized for SirMotte's hearth theme.

Working on this extension this week... I will tweak a bit for clarity. Will post what I come up with.
    Looking forward to it. My players really like the icons so we are definitely using this ext.

Thread Information