5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 6 of 12 First ... 45678 ... Last
    ... okay, I unloaded the theme and some of the icons showed up (the heart and fancy yellow one with the filename written over it).

This is without the theme...

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 8.38.16 PM.png

And this is with the theme loaded...

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 8.43.45 PM.png

I'll ping SirMotte to see what's up.

(also I can't for the life of me figure out how to post images here inline... but whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by Drowbe View Post
    I created placeholder images and then added code to the XML file (the stuff below "testing")... no joy. I didn't see anything change. I looked at the lua file and it seems to be specific to fonts... with the exception of a "fumble" check that sets the icons.

From the looks of it you can't override these images in the same way... unless the theme I am using is overriding them after I try to re-map them. I'll keep snooping, but I fear this will require I do som text sniffing and then create overrides like in the fumble code. If anyone has better ideas (or the code), let me know. These day I am mostly an image jockey (and sometimes an "idea" guy).
    I was able to override some of these images (see picture below.) I did adjust the load order of the XML file when I put together the extension because I remembered that the GM icon extension got over-rode by the theme if you don't change the load order.

I made this a couple days ago and can package the extension if I can get placeholder images for it: All the images in the picture I used I purchased so cannot distribute to share and I didn't find time to find images with open permissions to include in a copy so didn't post it yet.

Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Looks good. If you pull the images, I will just look at the code. It seems I need to play with the load order to get it working the the Hearth theme, which I love. So, worth it.

All this looks great! I have already decided to use it before all of you began to add to it. Thanks for the all of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post
    I was able to override some of these images (see picture below.) I did adjust the load order of the XML file when I put together the extension because I remembered that the GM icon extension got over-rode by the theme if you don't change the load order.

I made this a couple days ago and can package the extension if I can get placeholder images for it: All the images in the picture I used I purchased so cannot distribute to share and I didn't find time to find images with open permissions to include in a copy so didn't post it yet.
    Nice! I was wondering if you could share where you bought the tokens ?

Thank you!

Drowbe's Chat Aesthetics Resplendent Configurator

So... I am completely re-writing this extension and at some point will spin off a dedicated post in this forum (no plans to charge anything, should stay free). So far here's where I am:

• Right now I have most of the core icons designed... but they may or not show up as I am still coding. They roughly align with the 5E-Indicator extension.
    • I've restructured things to eventually support "themes" or sets if icons. Not sure HOW, but the bones are there.
    • I have plans to support all of the effects... if I figure out the code. I'll align them with the set I did for the Interactive Portraits extension
    • You no longer need a separate extension to replace the GM Icon in the chat window... I added that to this extension.
    • The mapping of the icons has been moved into the "theme" folder... so eventually each theme will have its own. Right now there is one theme, "default" (awesome name, I know).

This basically does everything it used to do and more... plus readiness for expanding the extension. It has a new name... as absurd as I could think of... and should not be run with the old version nor the GM-Icon extension as it replaces that functionality.

Some of them in action...

The current set... not optimized completely...

Until themes are coded, just swap out the icons with what you want. You can also spawn a copy of the the "default" theme, rename it, and point the "include" in "extension.xml" to point to it. That would preserve the default set. Eventually I will include more themes and a way to change them in the "options."

Because not all GM's want to be a skull, I've already included a number of variations in the "_alternates" folder in the "themes" directory.

It goes without saying, but USE THIS EXTENSION AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Let me know how it works out for you and if you have any ideas. Working on both effects and saves.

--Drowbe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is awesome. I would pay for this.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Nice! I was wondering if you could share where you bought the tokens ?

Thank you!
    Sure. I can’t remember which status icon pack it was from but I got packs from Yuikami and RK Media
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegar View Post
    This is awesome. I would pay for this.
    Thanks... you won't have to. The community has helped me so much that I just want to share some love.

... of course I need to get it to do what I want, but eventually...

Loved your icons Drowbe, but i'm making a small color change to make it a bit more intuitive, I used the icons on the last session but everytime I saw something in Red it made me think it was a miss.
    A pattern like this:
    Red > Yellow > Blue > Green
    critical miss > miss > hit > critical hit

Thread Information