5E Character Create Playlist
Page 5 of 11 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepor View Post
    Sorry, but I have to tell you that you rezipped it wrong. You rezipped the folder. In order to make it work, you have to compress the content of the folder.

Anyway, I am getting different kind of error the first time I create a character or I click on the Main tab.

Attachment 39562
    Attachment 39563
    I had a quick look in the code trying to figure out the errors.
    The errors on line 403 and 451 is because it is trying to calculate "Wounds" and "Defence" and trying to grab the value from "Toughness". This value is empty when creating a new character, and therefore you get an error.
    Should function normally when you add some values.

The last error is probably some sort of remainder from a code I used from D&D 3rd edt. I think.

I hope this is of some use. As I said, I have never coded anything before in my life, so there is bound to be alot of errors in this.

Okey, if anyone is still interested, I've made a few minor updates.
    I've actually been able to add some rolls to the characteristics. Though no fancy things like calculating successes or labeling the roll correct.
    A simple D100 roll for each characteristics. So thanks to Trenloe for the simple lesson for "MyTestAction" in the Workshop, which I didn't understand at all, but was able to implement.

And I've changed the advanced skills frame, so now it actually calculates the total for the advanced skills. And it also rolls.
    It's not pretty, but it's at least progress.

I've also tried to zip it correctly this time.

Warhammer_4.ext

Works pretty well for me in FGU :-) Ok, sure, still a way to got, but to run a game it is usable by now. If you have some specific questions on how to do some things I could probably have a look into things.
    From Space, hm? I heard it is pretty cold out there that time of year...

That would be great. I think the most useful thing to add now, would be the dice rolls and having it calculate the number of successes or fails.
    I know how it should be, but I have no idea how to create a roll action.
    The roll works now, with just a plain 1d100 roll. I would like to add a modifier contextually i.e. if I roll Strength roll, it should get the total strength and then compare it with the die result and giving the result.

Just made a few things a bit more nicer looking.
    Added a better way of keeping track of spells. Not happy with how it looks, but it works.

Warhammer_4.ext

Meanwhile Roll20 offers a Warhammer Fantasy 4th Edition Bundle..
    https://marketplace.roll20.net/brows...edition-bundle

No, it's not Fantasy grounds but maybe Smiteworks can work with Cubicle 7 to create a fully licensed product for FG..... maybe not. Who knows?

Well Roll20 isn’t the only one, as Foundry has it as well. The duo that created the Foundry version had started one in FG, but jumped over to Foundry, so FG almost had a ruleset.

https://www.cubicle7games.com/foundry-friday/

It would be awesome if someone professional could create a functioning WRFP4 ruleset for Fantasygrounds.
    Until then, I hope this can help make the wait a little easier.

I've streamlined the magic list.
    Added a armor and weapons list.
    Cleaned up the MoreCore tab so it is a bit more presentable.
    Added the fields Physcology and Mutations.

And that's it. I think I've added everything that's needed to play the game with a functioning character sheet.
    The inventory list works as is, and the Abilities tab can be used for Talents.

I'm happy with the result. Especially considering I've never written a single line of code before, or even played a single game on the FantasyGrounds software.
    With that said, what I would really wish to add now, are the dice rolls for each skill and characterstics.
    But that is way beyond what I can do. So if anyone has any help they can give, maybe sit down and explain to me how actions work, I could do something about it.

Warhammer_4.ext

Quote Originally Posted by ShakyLuigi View Post
    It would be awesome if someone professional could create a functioning WRFP4 ruleset for Fantasygrounds.
    Until then, I hope this can help make the wait a little easier.

I've streamlined the magic list.
    Added a armor and weapons list.
    Cleaned up the MoreCore tab so it is a bit more presentable.
    Added the fields Physcology and Mutations.

And that's it. I think I've added everything that's needed to play the game with a functioning character sheet.
    The inventory list works as is, and the Abilities tab can be used for Talents.

I'm happy with the result. Especially considering I've never written a single line of code before, or even played a single game on the FantasyGrounds software.
    With that said, what I would really wish to add now, are the dice rolls for each skill and characterstics.
    But that is way beyond what I can do. So if anyone has any help they can give, maybe sit down and explain to me how actions work, I could do something about it.

Warhammer_4.ext
    Nice job. Thanks!

Sorry it took me so long. I tested it and it is a great start. I even used it for one evening of my Enemy in Shadows Campaign I am running at the moment. So I would say, to manage you module, chars and run a game it is fully usable (as long as you do not insist on using full combat tracker, which I don't).
    Some next nice to haves would be
    - Advanced Skills as a list instead of single lines (don't get me wrong, I also have no idea how this is done, just stating what my players said would be their greatest new features :-).
    - Doubleclick on Skill Values should also launch a d100 roll
    - Roll telling your successes (I already read that code in Warhammer 2nd edition, but there is a trick involved to push the expected Value into the roll mechanic which was like higher magic to me, not sure if it can be done easily with morecore)
    - Like in MoreCore, if the "weapon damage roll text" could be rollable would also be neat. Perhaps under Weapon add the original "Attack" Line from morecore baserules again as "Current Weapon". You could then write >>Sword Damage 1d10+4<< in that line and it will even appear in Combat Tracker and you could double click to roll damage. It is a mighty magic line which can do some neat stuff.

That all is absolutely nice to have. Thank you very much to ShakyLuigi and Wyrd for the great job!

As for Roll20 and Foundry VTT official Warhammer 4th edition content:
    @Smiteworks: Did 7cubicles contact you on this? It would be gread if I could use the official adventures out of the box instead of typing my own version of the campaign summery as a module for my group. I understand may be they are missing some developers doing the "base" ruleset; but giving a signal to properly support it once in the future could help unite the different workstreams here...
    From Space, hm? I heard it is pretty cold out there that time of year...

Thread Information