Fallout 1
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. #11
    For me the companion is not really a priority especially for the rules part because they are mostly optional.
    On the other hand, functional vessel rules, High Guard and CSC are much more urgent because really useful if not indispensable.
    Likewise, I would prefer to see Pirates of Drinax arrive because this book will be a real challenge to adapt.
    Even, Great Rift or the Starter...
    It is perhaps not for nothing that Mongoose released the Companion in 5th position, despite the fact that the editor often refers to it in the Core Rulebook

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sallerin View Post
    For me the companion is not really a priority especially for the rules part because they are mostly optional.
    On the other hand, functional vessel rules, High Guard and CSC are much more urgent because really useful if not indispensable.
    Likewise, I would prefer to see Pirates of Drinax arrive because this book will be a real challenge to adapt.
    Even, Great Rift or the Starter...
    It is perhaps not for nothing that Mongoose released the Companion in 5th position, despite the fact that the editor often refers to it in the Core Rulebook
    Morning Sallerin,

    I asked recently what the priority was for the users here and Highguard was ahead of Companion.

    Highguard is being worked on, for my own game I needed a lot of the smaller chapters from Companion, so rather than waste time on it, I just converted it and as it's 90% text, some gear, some species and some tables it's ultra quick. I also need the LCK stat from it. I'd actually argue that book order should be 1, 5, 3, 2 then 4.

    Anyway, work has continued the ships data is being entered for HG, I've modified the Data Sheet for ships around Power units.

    Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

  3. #13
    I just saw a lot of conversations going around optional rules and I just wanted to give my opinion, Traveller in all its iterations is really a very modular game that is ready for customization whether in its universe or its rules and we quickly left the "canon".
    As long as it is only his own players it is without consequences and it is even desirable...
    I just consider that adding luck or health on the character sheet is less important than properly managing space combat or ship management.
    I understand all points of view however
    ...and i love your fantastic works!

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sallerin View Post
    I just saw a lot of conversations going around optional rules and I just wanted to give my opinion, Traveller in all its iterations is really a very modular game that is ready for customization whether in its universe or its rules and we quickly left the "canon".
    As long as it is only his own players it is without consequences and it is even desirable...
    I just consider that adding luck or health on the character sheet is less important than properly managing space combat or ship management.
    I understand all points of view however
    ...and i love your fantastic works!
    Hi Sallerin,

    Please continue to give your opinions and input, it's what makes Traveller better.

    As you say there's an awful lot of content for Traveller and at this time I've found myself using:

    Core rulebook, Spinward Marches 1: Bowman 2, Spinward Marches 2: The Lunion Shield Worlds, Traveller Companion (Luck, Experience, updated Combat), CSC (some cold weather gear), Behind the Claw (Wardn/Mithril) and Marches 2: Mission to Mithril!

    So I've converted, Marches 2, parts of Behind the Claw, Spinward Marches 2 - just for my game.

    Then my plan is to get them to Sindal, then down to Tlaiowaha so I can begin the Pirates campaign with some more experienced Travellers as most of the group completed just the basic terms, eager for adventure!

    BackwardOracle has offered to help with Pirates, so that's soon going to shoot up the list, but it does need Highguard and ship combat!

    Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Sallerin,

    Please continue to give your opinions and input, it's what makes Traveller better.

    As you say there's an awful lot of content for Traveller and at this time I've found myself using:

    Core rulebook, Spinward Marches 1: Bowman 2, Spinward Marches 2: The Lunion Shield Worlds, Traveller Companion (Luck, Experience, updated Combat), CSC (some cold weather gear), Behind the Claw (Wardn/Mithril) and Marches 2: Mission to Mithril!

    So I've converted, Marches 2, parts of Behind the Claw, Spinward Marches 2 - just for my game.

    Then my plan is to get them to Sindal, then down to Tlaiowaha so I can begin the Pirates campaign with some more experienced Travellers as most of the group completed just the basic terms, eager for adventure!

    BackwardOracle has offered to help with Pirates, so that's soon going to shoot up the list, but it does need Highguard and ship combat!

    Cheers,
    MBM
    Any official release from this? I am way more than interested from full companion release!

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Theros View Post
    Any official release from this? I am way more than interested from full companion release!
    Go here for the official release list and you can see the order, as for Companion, all it needs now is for me to look at the new skill options, that requires new development but that's behind the current SCT work.

    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...antasy-Grounds

    Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

  7. #17
    Afternoon All,

    Just to let you know what Book 5, Traveller Companion is finished (well needs some images from Mongoose). Later tonight it will be off to the testers.

    Then finally we'll begin on Vehicle Handbook.

    Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Afternoon All,

    Just to let you know what Book 5, Traveller Companion is finished (well needs some images from Mongoose). Later tonight it will be off to the testers.

    Then finally we'll begin on Vehicle Handbook.

    Cheers,
    MBM
    Looking forward to buy it to new campaign start.

  9. #19
    very exciting news
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

    Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign
    *

    *Currently Playing
    *
    *

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    very exciting news
    Hello,

    We starting FG campaign (and we willl buy Companion + several other books as well). One question came to mind. Is it possible for me (even free of charge) to make some kind of NPC addon to traveller? I can easily type templates etc. I would like to have pirates, security, basic people, criminals etc to have in NPC list. Do you think that this kind module can be done?

    Br,
    Tero

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
FG Forge

Log in

Log in