FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Traveller Companion

Folks,

Been working on the companion over the last few weeks, mostly because it's text it's super quick to convert.

I'll be working more and more on it, as I've also added the Bwaps race into my own game.

It's very useful, I'd actually say it should have been book 2 before CSC because of the useful nuggets.

I am also going to add Luck into my game, so am toying with an overhaul of the Characteristics section on the character sheet. Speaking with Dan the Theme man for some ideas.

I need sleep now, but the Companion will be close on the heels of Highguard I think, which as I type this is about 40% complete itself.

Huzzah
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Companion is great! Thank you for the info! I like a lot of the options for character creation too.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Companion is great! Thank you for the info! I like a lot of the options for character creation too.
    Yea, need a good think how to plug them in, makes for a lot quicker character creation! So Companion will be the focus for the 1.3 line of updates.

Defo going now, up for work in 6 hours!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I am all for the Companion. I am using Charisma and Luck in my game at the moment, just throw them into the notes section for now. Would be great to have the extra stats in place on the sheet.

So I was thinking about the character sheet for the Companion rules and how it might be done. I am thinking that it might be better handled in an extension so that the core rule sheet remains consistent with the core rules and the referee can choose to enable the extended sheet or continue using the core rules sheet.

Also in the extension you might add some option setting that allows various extended stats to be turned on/off so that the referee can configure which stats are in use and which aren't. Not sure the complexity of how that would effect output on the character sheet but it seems like the most flexible setup.

esmdev with other rulesets like Savage Worlds you don't really need to enable extension but just add ruleset options that GM can select like house ruling or using Companion rules. If you enable option for extra Luck or Charisma rules you can just select those and it should show on charsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    esmdev with other rulesets like Savage Worlds you don't really need to enable extension but just add ruleset options that GM can select like house ruling or using Companion rules. If you enable option for extra Luck or Charisma rules you can just select those and it should show on charsheet.
    My only experience with Savage Worlds is ETU which requires an extension to alter the character sheet. It would be nice to not have to do that.

Dan the theme chap, has sent me a nice graphic for the attributes, so I'm going to have a play soon and make the PSI Characteristic optional, the others technically require Traveller Companion, but what I may do is enable them just for some testing for a limited while.

Oh dang, appear to have almost finished the Companion.

I also use Luck and Wealth with my current game and just put it in notes. I told my players that hopefully we will have actual stat spaces with the Companion since it has all those alternate stats.

Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    I also use Luck and Wealth with my current game and just put it in notes. I told my players that hopefully we will have actual stat spaces with the Companion since it has all those alternate stats.

Keep up the good work.
    How does the wealth characteristic work for your game? I've been considering using it in mine.
    Last edited by esmdev; April 20th, 2020 at 18:24.

Thread Information